+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help in form filling

laraibadil

May 20, 2010
I lived in Australia for one Month on my holidays in 2009 ,and a month in Saudi Arabia for Religious tour in 2003. Should i need to mention in Personal History where i lived since the age of 18 years.

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
yes you have to mention exact dates, month and year alongwith the activity (i.e travelling or vacations), as they will match the period.

fkk

May 17, 2010
As I understand, the follwoing conditions may apply:

1. If you were studying/working and during your studies/work you took one month vacation to visit KSA in 2003 and one month vacation to visit Australia in 2009, you need not mention these. Vacation are normal part of study/work life and no-one can possibly remeber/mention the dates for the same. I, for instance, in my 16 year career have taken month long vacation almost every year - these need not be included as part of personal history.

2. If you made these stays at the end of a work/study period (for Australia you already mentioned it as vacation / for KSA its not mentioned) and then joined a new school/company after returning from the stay, then you nee to mention these to fill in the gap between the two dates (between end of last period and start of new period).

3. For either case, a Police Clearance Certificate will not be required.

Senior members may review/advise further.

Regards

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
You need to mention exact travel dates, country visited and purpose. May it be vacation or study tour or leisure trip or business trip, you need to mention it in your application.

For all countries / territories that you have stayed for more than 6 months, you need to provide police clearance. In you case it is less than 6 months, so you wont need that but it would be required for you to provide your INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL HISTORY.

Your passport photocopies (with visa and immigration stamps) would support your travel history timelines. So please make sure that you make no mistakes in entering dates, place visited and purpose.

Thanks.

fkk

May 17, 2010
Poison/Ankit/Angeleye/Seniors

I'm filling the form these days and it seems my understanding of Section 11 (Personal History) of imm0008_1e - Schedule 1 - Background Declaration Form is not correct.

Can you please refer me to the text in any of the CIC forms/guidelines where it is required to mention the short tarvel dates undertaken during one's period of employment/education?

Regards

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
fkk

if you refer to the section 11 in the form, there is a note which says: please ensure that you dont leave any gaps in time.

so for example if somebody doesnt mention his vacations of 2 months, that will create a gap of time in the form, which will be a cause of confusion and ultimately delay (it is also mentioned there). therefore its better to include each and every minute detail.

regards

fkk

May 17, 2010
Angeleye

Precisely. If you see the note in totality it gives two conditions:

1. Under "Activity" write your occupation or job title if you were working. (Absolutely Clear)

2. If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing (for example: unemployed, studying, travelling, indetention etc.)

When I fill my form, if I follow the inclusion of travel requirements, it will look something like this:

2003/06 2004/02 Project Manager KSA M/s ABC
2004/03 2004/04 Traveling Philippines ????
2004/05 2005/03 Project Manager KSA M/s ABC
2005/04 2005/05 Traveling Malaysia ????
2005/06 2006/07 Project Manager KSA M/s ABC
2006/08 2006/09 Traveling Singapore ????
2006/10 2007/11 Project Manager KSA M/s ABC
2007/12 2008/01 Traveling Pakistan ????
2008/02 2009/05 Project Manager KSA M/s ABC

Alternately, without mentioning travel details, it will lo0k like:

2003/06 2009/05 Project Manager KSA M/s ABC

Please don't feel it is an argument.

As I mentioned, I am currently filling my form and need to be absolutely clear what to write in.

Please advise further.

Regards

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
fkk

i will again stick to my previous answer. and you have answered your question yourself. they have mentioned to provide every detail, even of travelling. now if you look at the last column, it says, name of company, employer, school, facility, as applicable. so for travelling, you will write Not applicable.

please dont go on the looks that how the form will look like, rather provide each and every detail for smooth processing.

if you dont mention your travlling at this stage, they can verify it when they ask for your passports at a later stage. this will again cause delays.

rest is your choice.
regards

fkk

May 17, 2010
Angeleye

Thanx for response. Slight doubt - not due to look of the form. Before they ask for 'every detail' - including traveling, they mention it for the period where 'you were not working'.

Any thoughts about thisn one?

Again personally I am not against filling up the form to the last required details but will it help if I mention adeatil which might not be required?

Regards

Farhan

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dear FKK,

This is in response to your PM.

The following understanding of yours is perfectly correct. The later posts of yours on the same, especially the one with a table "breaking" your 'one employment' into 'many pieces' for accommodating short vacation blasts, and stating that it's not right, is also perfectly right.

fkk said:
As I understand, the follwoing conditions may apply:

1. If you were studying/working and during your studies/work you took one month vacation to visit KSA in 2003 and one month vacation to visit Australia in 2009, you need not mention these. Vacation are normal part of study/work life and no-one can possibly remeber/mention the dates for the same. I, for instance, in my 16 year career have taken month long vacation almost every year - these need not be included as part of personal history.

2. If you made these stays at the end of a work/study period (for Australia you already mentioned it as vacation / for KSA its not mentioned) and then joined a new school/company after returning from the stay, then you nee to mention these to fill in the gap between the two dates (between end of last period and start of new period).

3. For either case, a Police Clearance Certificate will not be required.

Senior members may review/advise further.

Regards
Yes, for everyone, u don't need to unnecessary break a smooth date flow just to accommodate short breaks. Yes, do so if the break did entail a change in your occupation/education/personal history. Else, u can always put a 'star' & write a note in the end stating that 'in between u also traveled to X, Y & Z countries/cities -for *vacations/business trips'.

*There'd be many occasions when u traveled to a foreign land for few days to a month+ for say, Recruitment Trips, Attending Seminars, Education Tours, Earned Leave etc. U don't 'split' your 'same' job for that & provide a 'footnote' instead [if u want to be genuinely specific].

Hope that clarified & made sense.

Good luck.
Qorax