+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help in assessing roles and responsibilites of NOC: 2174

Sidhartha

May 16, 2018
Hi,

I am going to apply for Canada PR with the NOC: 2174 (Computer programmers). Below are the roles and responsibilities of NOC: 2174 I came up for my experience:
My roles and responsibilities:
§ Programming in Apache Spark & Scala for data transformation, data loading.
§ Liaise and support Business Analyst team in requirements feasibility studies and discussions
§ Account for the performance, operation, and serviceability of the system
§ Enhancing, Modifying the existing code and integrate the changes with old code.
§ Maintain existing Spark code by making modifications and provide support as required.
§ Proactively identify and implement code enhancements or optimizations for a system that enables improvements in performance, scalability, security, and/or reliability
§ Identify bugs in the code and discuss the problems, processes and proposing solutions
§ Design and implement algorithms to efficiently process, analyze and serve massive datasets on a Hadoop cluster.
§ Analyzing the system and data requirements.
§ Responsible for discussions with business to understand and finalize the requirements, study and design for the new feeds.
§ Preparing technical and functional documentation of the code and its design and provide support to operations.
§ Gathering user requirement and preparing a Functional Change/Creation Document as per the user requirement.
§ Assisting team mates in the development of logical specifications of the requirement.
§ System testing and user acceptance testing support.
§ Research for new technologies and evaluate a variety of software products that can be more efficient for the project.
§ Successfully lead and integrate a feature/function through system life cycle (e.g. integration, customer feedback, release, and engineering phases)
§ Leading a team of programmers.

How well relevant are these to the actual roles and responsibilities mentioned by the Canada Governement mentioned below (I gave these incase anyone want to compare):

Computer programmers

Write, modify, integrate and test software code
Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements
Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications
May lead and co-ordinate teams of computer programmers
May research and evaluate a variety of software products.

Interactive media developers

Program animation software to predefined specifications for interactive video games, Internet and mobile applications
Program special effects software for film and video applications
Write, modify, integrate and test software code for e-commerce, Internet and mobile applications
May lead and co-ordinate teams of interactive media developers
May research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products.

Employment requirements

A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
Specialization in programming for engineering and scientific applications requires specific post-secondary study or experience.

Additional information

Progression to information systems analyst, software engineer or Web designer is possible with experience.

Could anyone please take a look at my roles and responsibilities and let me know if they are good to go or should I make any changes accordingly.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi,

I am going to apply for Canada PR with the NOC: 2174 (Computer programmers). Below are the roles and responsibilities of NOC: 2174 I came up for my experience:
My roles and responsibilities:
§ Programming in Apache Spark & Scala for data transformation, data loading.
§ Liaise and support Business Analyst team in requirements feasibility studies and discussions
§ Account for the performance, operation, and serviceability of the system
§ Enhancing, Modifying the existing code and integrate the changes with old code.
§ Maintain existing Spark code by making modifications and provide support as required.
§ Proactively identify and implement code enhancements or optimizations for a system that enables improvements in performance, scalability, security, and/or reliability
§ Identify bugs in the code and discuss the problems, processes and proposing solutions
§ Design and implement algorithms to efficiently process, analyze and serve massive datasets on a Hadoop cluster.
§ Analyzing the system and data requirements.
§ Responsible for discussions with business to understand and finalize the requirements, study and design for the new feeds.
§ Preparing technical and functional documentation of the code and its design and provide support to operations.
§ Gathering user requirement and preparing a Functional Change/Creation Document as per the user requirement.
§ Assisting team mates in the development of logical specifications of the requirement.
§ System testing and user acceptance testing support.
§ Research for new technologies and evaluate a variety of software products that can be more efficient for the project.
§ Successfully lead and integrate a feature/function through system life cycle (e.g. integration, customer feedback, release, and engineering phases)
§ Leading a team of programmers.

How well relevant are these to the actual roles and responsibilities mentioned by the Canada Governement mentioned below (I gave these incase anyone want to compare):

Computer programmers

Write, modify, integrate and test software code
Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
May lead and co-ordinate teams of computer programmers
May research and evaluate a variety of software products.

Interactive media developers

Program animation software to predefined specifications for interactive video games, Internet and mobile applications
Program special effects software for film and video applications
Write, modify, integrate and test software code for e-commerce, Internet and mobile applications
May lead and co-ordinate teams of interactive media developers
May research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products.

Employment requirements

A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
Specialization in programming for engineering and scientific applications requires specific post-secondary study or experience.

Additional information

Progression to information systems analyst, software engineer or Web designer is possible with experience.

Could anyone please take a look at my roles and responsibilities and let me know if they are good to go or should I make any changes accordingly.
These are matching. No problem.

Reactions: Sidhartha