+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help How can I change the application

sanjuphd

Feb 14, 2021
All,

I have a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from India and have 4 years of experience as well. I have received a job offer for a post-doctoral fellowship from University of British Columbia. I have submitted my PR application perhaps with a low CRS score. How can I update my application with the new offer letter to increase my CRS score and be able to enter the express entry?

I will be obtaining my work permit by end of August. The job offer is for 2 year term. How soon will I be able to receive my PR through express entry? Any thoughts and ideas? Please advise if you know any good attorney. Thank you so much.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can't get the extra points for EE if it is a LMIA exempted permit. You move to Canada, work one year and then apply for EE-CEC. Why do you need an attorney?

sanjuphd

Feb 14, 2021
Hi, I am all new to this. As a post doc, do I qualify for LMIA exempt job offer? Does this mean I go through express entry? Please help me understand the process

1) Four months ago, I have applied for a normal PR process w/o any job offer. I have submitted my WES credentials and IETLS scores. I believe it was under NOC 2133 with a CRS score of 420. This was before I have received a post-doc job offer. Please note, all my degrees are earned in India.
2) Now with the post doctoral job offer from UBC and obtaining the work permit, how would I update the previously entered info on the immigration website to receive express entry invitation? When should I do it? How should I do it? That is where I am confused? How can I notify immigration folks who are working on my previously submitted application?
3) Should I start over again to get extra points with a post doctoral job offer? I am also confused how the CRS score will not go up if my job falls under LMIA exempt job.
4) Why would I need to work for 1 year to apply for EE-CEC? I am not clear on that either.

I am sorry to ask all these rookie questions and that is where I felt that I need to consult an immigration attorney. Thank you for your kindest response.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I am all new to this. As a post doc, do I qualify for LMIA exempt job offer? Does this mean I go through express entry? Please help me understand the process

1) Four months ago, I have applied for a normal PR process w/o any job offer. I have submitted my WES credentials and IETLS scores. I believe it was under NOC 2133 with a CRS score of 420. This was before I have received a post-doc job offer. Please note, all my degrees are earned in India.
2) Now with the post doctoral job offer from UBC and obtaining the work permit, how would I update the previously entered info on the immigration website to receive express entry invitation? When should I do it? How should I do it? That is where I am confused? How can I notify immigration folks who are working on my previously submitted application?
3) Should I start over again to get extra points with a post doctoral job offer? I am also confused how the CRS score will not go up if my job falls under LMIA exempt job.
4) Why would I need to work for 1 year to apply for EE-CEC? I am not clear on that either.

I am sorry to ask all these rookie questions and that is where I felt that I need to consult an immigration attorney. Thank you for your kindest response.
2. Does your job require a LMIA? Did UBC have to apply for and receive a LMIA by showing no Canadian could be hired. If not, your are LMIA exempt and can’t count the points towards EE. So it makes no different to your EE profile.
3. You can get extra points for the job offer if it is LMIA exempt. If it is, your points will not change.
4. Since you don’t have enough points for EE-FSW, you come to Canada on your work permit. You say you are getting a work permit so you come to Canada and then in one year apply for EE with Canadian experience.