+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help = Got PPR but intended to get married soon.

laxpei01

Jan 18, 2011
Hi,

I got my passport request today Jan 18th from LA Office, I'm planning to get married on March 13th 2011, I want to know the best possible way to get my PR now and travel to India.

can I get the visa stamped and do the border crossing formalities and leave India and then add my spouse once I get my PR card will that be ok or should I let CIC office let know that Im getting married in 2 months time.
can we travel to India when they are issuing the PR card.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

laxpei01 said:
Hi,

I got my passport request today Jan 18th from LA Office, I'm planning to get married on March 13th 2011, I want to know the best possible way to get my PR now and travel to India.

can I get the visa stamped and do the border crossing formalities and leave India and then add my spouse once I get my PR card will that be ok or should I let CIC office let know that Im getting married in 2 months time.
can we travel to India when they are issuing the PR card.

Thank you in advance for your answer.
"land" and then go to India and get married. If you marry before you "land" your visa is invalid and you may be removed for misrepresentation and you can't sponsor your spouse. After marriage you will have to return to Canada to sponsor your wife.

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
I agree with PMM, however I have to add one important factor I learned from a relative is that sponsoring family just after PR is issued usually looked differently and would take longer than usual. I suggest you take your PR and then plan your future carefully.

Cheers!