+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help for work permit (Inland sponsorship)

Reneeshi

Sep 12, 2017
I recently decided to help my husband to get work permit and inland spouse sponsorship

simple question but VERY CONFUSING

I am Canadian Citizen
my husbands' study visa is going to expire on December 30 2017,
I will submit the application for both sponsorship and work permit at the end of this month September 30 2017.

In the mean time, does he need to apply his study permit extension first?
Consider it may take approximately 4 months to know if my application is approve on the first stage or I need to resubmit because some documents are missing, I don't want him to be illegal to stay in Canada if we have to resubmit the applications...

We only got 3 months now...
I know its last minute question... Do anyone have the same concern?

BIG THANKS!!!!!

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
(I'm new to this, so don't take what I say as fact) but from what I've read, as soon as you apply for the OWP you have implied status. What that status is (I will be on visitor visa so definitely visitor still for me) I don't know. Perhaps it's his study permit which is "implied" to have been extended. Perhaps he's only a visitor. Someone more knowledgeable will hopefully be along to help.

Will

Reactions: Reneeshi

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Once the documents are received as long as they are not returned you will be on implied status until the work permit arrives. If they are returned he will be without status
To clarify, OP's spouse would only be out of status if the app is returned after his study permit expires on Dec 30th.

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
Out of interest, what would the OP's spouse's implied status be - the status she had before the PR application was made (study visa) or visitor?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Out of interest, what would the OP's spouse's implied status be - the status she had before the PR application was made (study visa) or visitor?
Until Dec 30th, OP's spouse will be student. After Dec 30th and until the OWP is approved, he will have Implied Status as a visitor.