+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help for Travel History section

pityman

Mar 22, 2023
In Travel history section of the application it asks about "any trips taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence" and it covers the last 10 years

My understanding is that while country of origin is fixed (i.e. the country where you were born), the country of residence may actually change with time, depending on your personal situation. For example, if you spend 3 years during 2016-2019 working in Japan, then Japan was your country of residence. Then you moved to the UK and spend 2 another years from 2019-2021 working there, the UK became your country of residence. From 2021 to now, you go back to home country India and India is the current country of residence.

For the question "any trips taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence", one has to refer to the country of residence for that particular period (Japan and UK), instead of current country of residence (India).

Am I correct?

thirdfromright

Star Member
May 14, 2023
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10-01-2024
AOR Received.
18-01-2024
Passport Req..
13-05-2024
Ideally yes. I had similar situation, what I did was to list all the travels with the dates. I added a Letter of Explanation explaining the situation.

Reactions: pityman

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
In Travel history section of the application it asks about "any trips taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence" and it covers the last 10 years

My understanding is that while country of origin is fixed (i.e. the country where you were born), the country of residence may actually change with time, depending on your personal situation. For example, if you spend 3 years during 2016-2019 working in Japan, then Japan was your country of residence. Then you moved to the UK and spend 2 another years from 2019-2021 working there, the UK became your country of residence. From 2021 to now, you go back to home country India and India is the current country of residence.

For the question "any trips taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence", one has to refer to the country of residence for that particular period (Japan and UK), instead of current country of residence (India).

Am I correct?
Simply pick last 10 years, list all the address history irrespective of country of origin, just list the whole list. No need of explanation letter just a list is needed.

pityman

Mar 22, 2023
Simply pick last 10 years, list all the address history irrespective of country of origin, just list the whole list. No need of explanation letter just a list is needed.
I understand the requirement of Address History, which is relatively straight-forward. However, I was asking about Travel History, that the country of residence can change over time.

For my example above, during 2016-2019 any travel between India (my country of origin) and Japan (country of residence) is exempt from reporting.

However, during 2019-2021 travelling from UK (country of residence) to Japan has to be reported.

Right?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I understand the requirement of Address History, which is relatively straight-forward. However, I was asking about Travel History, that the country of residence can change over time.

For my example above, during 2016-2019 any travel between India (my country of origin) and Japan (country of residence) is exempt from reporting.

However, during 2019-2021 travelling from UK (country of residence) to Japan has to be reported.

Right?
The travel history and address history go hand in hand, as I mentioned above report the travel as you did leave the country of origin and residence aside, it creates confusion.
What's the harm of mentioning them if you visited them? Moreover the form won't pick up gaps if you intend to leave them, rest you know.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Am I correct?
Country of origin might not be fixed in some cases. For example, you were born in that part of Sudan that is presently South Sudan. Likewise, you were born in that part of Ethiopia that is presently Djibouti.