+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help for Police Clearance Certificate from China (Dong Guan)

cantest

May 13, 2012
My wife and I applied for Canadian PR and the application is about get finalized. (We sent the application to Buffalo in Dec 2010)
Buffalo office is asking for police clearance certificate from China as we stayed in China before.

This is on CIC website,
How to obtain a police certificate - China
Non-Resident Requests
You can obtain a police certificate from the local Public Security Bureau by asking someone to act on your behalf in China. To do this, you must give this person:

We have tried every possible way that we could thought of to find someone to act on our behalf in Dong Guan, China.
We emailed and phoned numerous police stations, public notary and other organizations without any result. It seems that there is no such service for foreign national in Dong Guan, China. So we explained this situation to Buffalo office and showed all the supporting documents to prove our efforts. But 5 months after we sent the documents :mad:, we were requested again for the certificates within 60 days otherwise our applications will be dropped.
Now we are desperately trying to contact business consultants across China to get help but we see no hope because since we lived in Dong Guan we must get it in Dong Guan. (Dong Guan is a lot smaller city compared to Beijing or Shanghai)
We have no confidence in getting the certificate even if we fly to China but is this the only way? We are in Canada now and it will make us taking time off work for both of us and fly to China at big expense and there is still no guarantee for a success.
Need your insight on this.
Thanks in advance.

kilocharlie

Nov 30, 2011
Hi there! I am currently in Shanghai and applying for MPNP. When you were in China, you do have to register to the police station and bring your apartment contract, they will give you a temporary residence for foreigners in China and what I did is I went to the Shanghai Notary Public and translated that into English they will asked you for what purpose is the translation and after a week you can get it. That what I did and submitted to them.