+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need guide to get through IELTS

Jan 4, 2013
Hi there,
Let me give a little bit of my background before I ask you for guidance to scrore 7 in each section in ILETS.
I am from a non-english speaking country( India). I have been working in IT field for last 8 years. I have a GMAT scrore 580. I scroed 4 in essay writing in GMAT. I can speak well ( worked in USA for 5 years). I have good listening skill. I need to improve my writing and reading skills.

I don't know much about how easy or hard to score 7 in IELTS. I am ready to invest time and money. Please advice me how to start preparing IELTS. I know, my questions are too generic. However, I am looking for some guidelines. I will come up with more specific quesitons if you reply my post.

Thank you.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TechConsultant said:
Hi there,
Let me give a little bit of my background before I ask you for guidance to scrore 7 in each section in ILETS.
I am from a non-english speaking country( India). I have been working in IT field for last 8 years. I have a GMAT scrore 580. I scroed 4 in essay writing in GMAT. I can speak well ( worked in USA for 5 years). I have good listening skill. I need to improve my writing and reading skills.

I don't know much about how easy or hard to score 7 in IELTS. I am ready to invest time and money. Please advice me how to start preparing IELTS. I know, my questions are too generic. However, I am looking for some guidelines. I will come up with more specific quesitons if you reply my post.

Thank you.
My suggestion would be to go through some practice tests so you can be familiar with what IELTS is like. It's different listening to a conversation with your friends v.s. listening to a tape in British accent asking your very specific things and you don't have a chance to listen to them again.

Here are some FREE materials from IELTS official website:
http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information/test_sample.aspx?utm_source=HomePage&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=HomePage

This is a link for FREE downloads of IELTS books and CDs:
http://ebook3000.com/plus/search.php?keyword=ielts&x=0&y=0

I always tell everyone, Never take the exam without practice. If you don't practice, you will need to take it again and it's expensive!

Good Luck