+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need guidance under new immigration rule.

can_am

Jun 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I am planning to submit our application under FSW - 1 to CIC, Nova Scotia soon under new immigration rules (Post June 26, 2010). However, I have few questions regarding the documents I need to submit to CIC with my initial application. I would appreciate if someone can help answer some of my questions below:

1. PCC Certificates - Original or Copy? Do they need to be submitted to CIC with initial application or to Visa Office?
2. Official Transcripts - in sealed envelops. Need to submit sealed envelope or copy? Can we submit notarized copies instead?
3. Bank Certificates - Original or Copy?
4. Overall how many photos are required ?
5. Do i need to attach photos in Form IMM008 OR just provide 4 photos in a sealed envelope and CIC will attach the same.

I know CIC does initial review of applications and then forwards it to Visa Office. What I am not sure about is that do they send the entire package to Visa office or Visa Office will request for all these documents again under the new immigration rule. I know some of these questions might stupid but just want to make sure that i do not end up sending docs which are not required by CIC and avoid going through the wait and trouble of collecting originals again.. :)

Thanks!

can_am

Jun 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any guidance would be really appreciated, thanks!

wt1

Jul 23, 2010
You may want to read through the first sticky (the first thread in the Skilled Worker section of the forum, titled "Important - need to send all documents to the CIO..."). They have been covering the new post June 26 rules, originals versus copies, and just about all the questions you are asking.

Good luck!

nig

Aug 8, 2010
can_am said:
Hello everyone,

I am planning to submit our application under FSW - 1 to CIC, Nova Scotia soon under new immigration rules (Post June 26, 2010). However, I have few questions regarding the documents I need to submit to CIC with my initial application. I would appreciate if someone can help answer some of my questions below:

1. PCC Certificates - Original or Copy? Do they need to be submitted to CIC with initial application or to Visa Office?
2. Official Transcripts - in sealed envelops. Need to submit sealed envelope or copy? Can we submit notarized copies instead?
3. Bank Certificates - Original or Copy?
4. Overall how many photos are required ?
5. Do i need to attach photos in Form IMM008 OR just provide 4 photos in a sealed envelope and CIC will attach the same.

I know CIC does initial review of applications and then forwards it to Visa Office. What I am not sure about is that do they send the entire package to Visa office or Visa Office will request for all these documents again under the new immigration rule. I know some of these questions might stupid but just want to make sure that i do not end up sending docs which are not required by CIC and avoid going through the wait and trouble of collecting originals again.. :)

hi,
did you find answers.I have the same doubt which i dont find an answer anywhere.do we have to send all doc all over again to VO.then we have get 2 copies of originals.kindly let me know if u have an answer.thanks

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lot of stuff to help you here

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/important-need-to-send-all-documents-to-the-cio-now-not-visa-office-t45808.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applications-after-266-in-any-noc-connect-here-to-get-the-status-t49421.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quick-guide-for-fsw-on-or-after-june-26th-2010-to-cio-local-visa-office-t45756.0.html