+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need assistance on CEC application queries

prathmesh77

Nov 29, 2015
Hello Members,

I'll briefly explain my case and I'd need advice from you guys if you think you can assist.

Right now I am on PGWP (valid till August-2021) in Manitoba and I have already applied to PR (paper-based) in December-2020 after receiving PNP.
At the time of application, I was single. Now I am married and obviously, I want my spouse to join me in Canada.

Questions: 1. How do I notify PNP and IRCC about marital status changes?
2. How do I start (I mean under what category) the spousal application? (Spousal OWP?)

In April-2021, I'll complete one year at the job in Canada (NOC A) and I was going through the Canadian Experience Class category (CEC) and it looks like a faster way to receive PR in Canada than obtaining it through the paper-based application.
My current profile is: one-year full-time work in India (TCS) (NOC B) (2015-2016), Master's degree, 2 years of Canadian education (diploma), IELTS: S-7, R-7, L-8, W-7.5

Based on my profile, I tried to check the CRS score and it was 495 if TCS provides me with a proper experience letter (with duties, no. of hours worked/week) and without TCS letter the score is pretty low (around 453). I've been trying to contact TCS for an experience letter but so far I haven't got any success.

At the time of calculating the CRS score, I opted "Yes" to the question: Will your spouse come to Canada?

Questions: 3. Should I go ahead with CEC based immigration? or is it a waste of time and money?
4. When I'll add my spouse to my ongoing PNP-based PR application would there be a delay in issuing AOR? (PR file number) and would I be able to apply for a bridging work permit in time? because it has been just 3 weeks since I applied to PR (paper-based) and my current PGWP will expire in August-2021.

I am open to advise and suggestions. The end result I'm looking after is that I need my wife to join me in Canada and we both get PR soon. Thanks!!

Last edited: