Ielts
R 6.5
W 6.0
L 6.5
S 5.5
applied to university of capliano
Associate degree of science
I did my 12 with physics chemistry and biology English as well
My question is capliano university says I have to do 4 week EAP classes with my full time studies
Is it fine ???
Or it will reduce my visa chances ??
Please guide me members
Thank you

dufferdexter

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hisar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
04-2014 academic
hardeep bal said:
I did my 12 with overall 72%
Ielts
R 6.5
W 6.0
L 6.5
S 5.5
applied to university of capliano
Associate degree of science
I did my 12 with physics chemistry and biology English as well
My question is capliano university says I have to do 4 week EAP classes with my full time studies
Is it fine ???
Or it will reduce my visa chances ??
Please guide me members
Thank you
I am not sure what u mean by EAP classes but if its English classes. Reason is below
they asked u to do those classes as ur speaking band is less than 6.0 . I know few of my friends got their visa even with low bands in ielts . while some friends who got visa refusal ( reason written there was that VO is not satisfied with their language abilities etc etc)
To be on the safe side , u can retake ur ielts before applying for visa and improve ur scores. And send Ielts TRF ( with improved scores )to ur admission officer so that he/she can exempt u from taking those EAP classes

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
dufferdexter said:
I am not sure what u mean by EAP classes but if its English classes. Reason is below
they asked u to do those classes as ur speaking band is less than 6.0 . I know few of my friends got their visa even with low bands in ielts . while some friends who got visa refusal ( reason written there was that VO is not satisfied with their language abilities etc etc)
To be on the safe side , u can retake ur ielts before applying for visa and improve ur scores. And send Ielts TRF ( with improved scores )to ur admission officer so that he/she can exempt u from taking those EAP classes
I am going to apply for undergraduate program
on the basis of 12 level education I think overall 6 with not less than 5.5 is requirement
Is it right??
I just want to know if university give me admission on the basis of eap classes then is there any problem to get study permit??

dufferdexter

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hisar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
04-2014 academic
hardeep bal said:
I am going to apply for undergraduate program
on the basis of 12 level education I think overall 6 with not less than 5.5 is requirement
Is it right??
I just want to know if university give me admission on the basis of eap classes then is there any problem to get study permit??
yes . for most undergraduate programs overall 6 with no less than 5.5 is the minimum requirement.
What you got from university is conditional letter of acceptance ( required to take EAP classes under the section conditions on ur LOA). which is not a big deal . many students get CLOA.
About visa .. there are 50-50 chances.. I mean VO can easily object about ur language ability ( u do require to communicate with your teachers and fellow classmates )
But again . like I said 50-50 chances.. I have seen many of my friends getting visa with few band scores around 5.5 .

Which term are you applying for ?? I mean Jan / May/ Sept.?

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
I am going to apply for January intake.
Sir I am having fearful feeling now..
Mu consultant said this is not a condition it is just a pathway program..
Please guide me sir..
Thank you..

sanjubaba786

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Capilano University is a highly reputed university. With EAP and main academic program, I do not see chances of visa rejection. You will file under University category and under this category, there is over 95% success rate. I would say.....no chances of rejection buddy... go file and and I will see you there.

I have just applied in Post Baccalaureate in North American Business Management- Applied at Capilano University.

Bye, take care.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
sanjubaba786 said:
Capilano University is a highly reputed university. With EAP and main academic program, I do not see chances of visa rejection. You will file under University category and under this category, there is over 95% success rate. I would say.....no chances of rejection buddy... go file and and I will see you there.

I have just applied in Post Baccalaureate in North American Business Management- Applied at Capilano University.

Bye, take care.
hey friend here is my situation .. guide me

i got refusal for last september intake with PROPOSED STUDIES WERE NOT RELAVENT ETC etc....
then i took caips .. and got reason
there were mainly three reaons .
1- candidate does not meet spp due to low ielts score
2 - not logical progression in studies ( 1 year certificate program early childhood education )
3 - IELTS WRITING 5

i was satisfied with these reasons because overall 6 and not less than 5.5 is the min requirement of canadian embassy
i think 1 year certificate program was also problem

now i appeared again in ielts and got
L - 6.5
R - 6.5
writing - 6.0
s - 5.5

now i think i fulfilled their requirement
2nd now i applied to university of capliano in associate degree of science biology 2 year
i think there is no anymore relavent program than this......

LETS SEEEE...........
now what they think........

sanjubaba786

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Hi Hardip, you are filing appropriately. Universities can accept with EAP. And, in EAP, you take ENglish course with other academic programs. It is not an issue. Though, the issue can be your previous rejection. Let us hope for the best.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
sanjubaba786 said:
Hi Hardip, you are filing appropriately. Universities can accept with EAP. And, in EAP, you take ENglish course with other academic programs. It is not an issue. Though, the issue can be your previous rejection. Let us hope for the best.
Thanku for reply..
According to Caips notes
now I improved all previous mistakes like low ielts writing 5 and change my course ..
What you think now ??