+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need answers!!!!

jigger

Jun 4, 2009
We are suppose to send our application for spousal next week, but there something we want to clarify.. We are applying outside canada, my wife who is the sponsor (canadian) and i the applicant has a temporary status here in canada and we got married last may 2009. Since then, she haven't get the chance to change her last name, what i mean is, she want to use my last name. My question is, if we send the application next week and decided to change her last name after, (change her passport, driver licence and etc.) while the application is in process, will it be affecting our application?

angel05ruma

Dec 30, 2009
I think your wife should change her name first (DL, passport, etc) before you apply as it may pro-long the process if you change it after the application has been received. I may be wrong but at least you have everything in order before you start the application (which can lessen the background, security, etc check waiting).

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Since it's the sponsor who is changing the name, it's not that big of an issue. But, if you're gonna do it, I'd suggest you do it either before sending the application or after you're done with it. That way you won't have to go through the hassle of informing CIC of the change and possibly creating confusion.
If she's waited this long, surely she can wait a while longer? ;)