+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need advice..

xoxo_76

Sep 26, 2009
2 years ago, i came to Canada under live-in caregiver program. in my application, my marital status was Single, but i got married before entering the country. then, my husband enter Canada of the same program (LCP) as married status. what should i do to include him in my application for permanent resident status?
thanks a lot.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

xoxo_76 said:
2 years ago, i came to Canada under live-in caregiver program. in my application, my marital status was Single, but i got married before entering the country. then, my husband enter Canada of the same program (LCP) as married status. what should i do to include him in my application for permanent resident status?
thanks a lot.
You don't have a choice, he has to be included. Your misrepresentation of your martial status may be a problem.

PMM

xoxo_76

Sep 26, 2009
i would love to include him in my application. but, that's what i thought. have you read any cases like this and is there anything i have to do so that i could correct my status? please i really need to know..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's better to correct your marital status with CIC before you apply for PR but you could also do it at the same time. Like PMM said, it might cause a problem.

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
xoxo_76 said:
thanks a lot.
Why did you not disclose your marital status as married before you came to land in canada?
Now the CHC may report you for misrepresentation if you include your husband in the application. A lot of people have been removed from canada due to this issue. I still find it difficult to understand why you didn't declare you were married before you landed. Maybe time to consult a solicitor (in my opinion)

joogle

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
"Correct my status"? No offense, but that's one of the weirdest things I've heard about. Maybe your intentions were honest, but CIC will have raised eyebrows when you tell them to 'correct my status'.

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
joogle is right, CIC would have raised eyebrow if you call them to 'correct my status', maybe PMM meant to say she should have 'updated' her status with CIC before landing. Correct me if am wrong PMM.