+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice regarding my trip to Canada.

Oct 2, 2024
Hello everyone,

I am an international student that studied in Canada from May of 2023 to September of 2023. I completed 1 semester at my university and unfortunately had to travel back to my home country (Sri Lanka) due to some some family issues. My parents fell very ill and I had to travel back to make sure they would be okay. I am enrolled in a DLI, but I did not register for my next semester, due to the uncertainty of my future I also refunded my overpayment to my university.

I am still enrolled as a student, I just have not registered for my next semester.

What I could use some advice/help with is, I was lucky enough to purchase a ticket at retail price for the November Taylor swift concert and would love to travel to TO in November to see it. I have a valid student visa and study permit till September of 2026.

Would it be a wise decision to travel to TO for a month to see my concert as a student in Canada? I will be travelling to Canada again next year to pursue my studies as well, mentioning incase that extra context is required.

Would I face any issues with CBSA if I return to TO for a short stay as a student?

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hello everyone,

I am an international student that studied in Canada from May of 2023 to September of 2023. I completed 1 semester at my university and unfortunately had to travel back to my home country (Sri Lanka) due to some some family issues. My parents fell very ill and I had to travel back to make sure they would be okay. I am enrolled in a DLI, but I did not register for my next semester, due to the uncertainty of my future I also refunded my overpayment to my university.

I am still enrolled as a student, I just have not registered for my next semester.

What I could use some advice/help with is, I was lucky enough to purchase a ticket at retail price for the November Taylor swift concert and would love to travel to TO in November to see it. I have a valid student visa and study permit till September of 2026.

Would it be a wise decision to travel to TO for a month to see my concert as a student in Canada? I will be travelling to Canada again next year to pursue my studies as well, mentioning incase that extra context is required.

Would I face any issues with CBSA if I return to TO for a short stay as a student?
It's probably other way around, you are registered but not enrolled. Your student permit is very likely no longer valid as it's been a year since you last took any courses. Expect CBSA to grill you pretty hard on arrival. You should also verify if TRV is still valid before booking flights to ensure you can board.

Romin1995

Sep 24, 2024
Hello everyone,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

You need to be holding a valid TRV to come to Canada. If you dropped out of school, this generally results in your study permit being cancelled.

Reactions: canuck78

Romin1995

Sep 24, 2024
Hello everyone,