+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice please

sarah10

Nov 5, 2018
Hello. I was on a work permit for 2 yrs in Canada but my employer didn't have any job for me as he was in loss. So I starting looking for another employer. In the meantime I got a baby and I am not married. So the employer's papers were not in line and my WP got expired also. I applied for the Tourist Visa which was approved but my extension was refused. After 3 yrs I left Canada and there was no news any the LMIA applied. Eventually it's hard to live in my country being a single mother. My question is if there is any chance I can go to Canada and applied a WP again? If I bring my kid to see his father (we are no longer together n he can't sponsor me). Please help guys! I want a better n safe future for my son of 2yrs. Thank u

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello. I was on a work permit for 2 yrs in Canada but my employer didn't have any job for me as he was in loss. So I starting looking for another employer. In the meantime I got a baby and I am not married. So the employer's papers were not in line and my WP got expired also. I applied for the Tourist Visa which was approved but my extension was refused. After 3 yrs I left Canada and there was no news any the LMIA applied. Eventually it's hard to live in my country being a single mother. My question is if there is any chance I can go to Canada and applied a WP again? If I bring my kid to see his father (we are no longer together n he can't sponsor me). Please help guys! I want a better n safe future for my son of 2yrs. Thank u
I think that you already know the answer to the question. It's very hard to find a job in Canada from outside, unless you are in possession of needed experience or skills. You'll need to find an employer who is prepared to go through the LMIA process, etc.

The other alternative is to apply for PR, if you are eligible.

sarah10

Nov 5, 2018
  1. Yes I know it's super hard. My question is will I get a tourist Visa if I need to bring my son to visit his dad? And on visit there I can apply for WP through lmia of course.
  2. Secondly if I get a Visa will it be only 6 mths since my son is Canadian and I will have to accompany him to visit his dad often.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
  1. Yes I know it's super hard. My question is will I get a tourist Visa if I need to bring my son to visit his dad? And on visit there I can apply for WP through lmia of course.
  2. Secondly if I get a Visa will it be only 6 mths since my son is Canadian and I will have to accompany him to visit his dad often.
1. In theory this might be a possibility.
2. 6 months maximum. Your child will provide no advantage. It's possible that further limitations could be applied by CBSA by a Visitor Record if they suspect that an overstay is likely.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As you are aware the LMIA and WP process can take 4-6 months and you'd have to find an employer first. Given your son's citizenship you have become a big risk to overstay.