+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED ADVICE PLEASE!

lean

Jun 4, 2009
Hello to everyone..
I really need advice cause just lately my boss stopped working coz she is giving birth in Dec. and now she is asking me to work for her friend as a nanny too.So the situation is since she is already staying in the house all day she decided with her friend that i will work for them alternately like monday for them,tuesday for her friend,wednesday for them and thursday for her friend and so on.I am really bothered and don't know what to do please give me advice...and another is i just got married to a canadian last month and I am completing my form for him to sponsor me for PR...but I am thinking if I will quit my job now from my current employer then apply for another one but the thing is we are planning to submit the application for PR next month...what is the best thing for me to do?I am really bothered...help me!thanks a lot

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
lean said:
Hello to everyone..
I really need advice cause just lately my boss stopped working coz she is giving birth in Dec. and now she is asking me to work for her friend as a nanny too.So the situation is since she is already staying in the house all day she decided with her friend that i will work for them alternately like monday for them,tuesday for her friend,wednesday for them and thursday for her friend and so on.I am really bothered and don't know what to do please give me advice...and another is i just got married to a canadian last month and I am completing my form for him to sponsor me for PR...but I am thinking if I will quit my job now from my current employer then apply for another one but the thing is we are planning to submit the application for PR next month...what is the best thing for me to do?I am really bothered...help me!thanks a lot
Are you under the live-in caregiver program? I think you can only work legally for the employer written on your work permit.

lean

Jun 4, 2009
thanks for the reply...yes I am under live-in caregiver.But they insist me to work for their friend what should I do?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
You don't say what province you're in, so start with these two links:

Live-In Caregiver Program - What is abuse?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMation/faq/work/caregiver-faq03.asp

Provincial and territorial labour standards, &
Live-in caregiver associations
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/arriving.asp

Basya

Oct 17, 2009
From my own experience: DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU! Make sure you have all your papers , you work legally and so on. You do not need troubles with your paperwork. Even if your current employer says that on the paper it will look like you worked for one employer. They are canadians, and they will stay here no matter what and YOU will have to go through the immigration process. If they insist on doing something illegal, just change employers, not big deal. Your papers should be your priority!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
lean said:
tnx for all the replies...
How long do you have before you finish your 24 months? You can try and look for another employer who'll apply for a Labour Market Opinion in your favor then stop working for your current employer once you have sent your work permit app. for the new employer. Processing is shorter than extending with same employer.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#temp_res

All the best.