+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice PGWP

michaelfraser

Aug 6, 2020
hi,
I need advice. I lived in Canada since 2016 as an international student. I have completed my degree and my study permit is invalid since 90 days since completion has passed. I got my PGWP approved so I have a letter of introduction for PGWP.
i have been outside of Canada since pandemic but I have a lease for apartment in Canada, I have been paying for utilities, and I have all my credit/debit cards from Canadian bank. All my furniture and clothes are in Canada.
Can I travel back to Canada with the PGWP letter approval but no job offer?
i found different information, some say you can if you have ties to Canada but some say no because I have no job offer.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you have a TRV to enter Canada? You meet criteria of “living in Canada.” However, it is still at their discretion of whether you will be allowed to enter. How long have you been outside Canada?

michaelfraser

Aug 6, 2020
Do you have a TRV to enter Canada? You meet criteria of “living in Canada.” However, it is still at their discretion of whether you will be allowed to enter. How long have you been outside Canada?
Yes, my TRV is valid. I’ve been outside since covid has started but all this time I’ve had a lease which I paid for and utilities (hydro, etc). I lived in Canada since 2016.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, my TRV is valid. I’ve been outside since covid has started but all this time I’ve had a lease which I paid for and utilities (hydro, etc). I lived in Canada since 2016.
Again if you can show you have paid your lease then you should be allowed to enter. However it is at their discretion.

michaelfraser

Aug 6, 2020
Again if you can show you have paid your lease then you should be allowed to enter. However it is at their discretion.
If I’m correct even before covid entrance was at their discretion. Thank you! I was super stressed. Yes, I’ll print out my bills and everything. Generally speaking have you heard of people in similar to my situation enter Canada?