+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice on Updating My Profile for Resubmission

eeeeeee

Mar 18, 2020
Hello everyone,

I submitted my profile two years ago, but it has since expired. I'd like to resubmit my profile, but I need to make some updates, particularly concerning my work experience. I realized that my previous profile did not accurately reflect my experience because I hadn't thought it through thoroughly at the time.

I'm wondering if making these changes to my work experience would be acceptable, as I'm concerned that IRCC might refer to my previous profile and find discrepancies, which could raise doubts about the legitimacy of my updated information.

Could anyone provide advice on how to properly update and resubmit my profile without causing any issues? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Desiboy2022

Jan 5, 2022
You can make a new profile with as many changes as you want. Won’t make any difference. As long as it is before getting a ITA. My understanding is once a profile is expired in express entry they don’t have any records of it since express entry profile creation is just an expression of interest. Once your profile is picked and you get an ITA you’re supposed to submit documents pertaining to the information you provided and that becomes the official documents for IRCC. So you’re good as of right now. I would like other community members to Correct me if I’m wrong. Thanks

Reactions: eeeeeee

eeeeeee

Mar 18, 2020
You can make a new profile with as many changes as you want. Won’t make any difference. As long as it is before getting a ITA. My understanding is once a profile is expired in express entry they don’t have any records of it since express entry profile creation is just an expression of interest. Once your profile is picked and you get an ITA you’re supposed to submit documents pertaining to the information you provided and that becomes the official documents for IRCC. So you’re good as of right now. I would like other community members to Correct me if I’m wrong. Thanks
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1164&top=29

Thank you for the info!I I checked the official website, and it stated that after a profile has expired, it won't be kept. With that in mind, I think it should be okay to make some changes to my profile before resubmitting it. The changes won't be significant (the link is provided above), and the NOC will remain the same. However, I do need to update my job title because of the reference letter I can obtain now.

In retrospect, I should have been more careful when initially submitting my profile, but fortunately, I wasn't invited at that time.