+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice on timeline and processing

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hi all,
First of all thank you for reading my post.

I have a concern regarding timeline processing and all the delays. I received NOI from Ontario
  • on 16/02/2021
  • submitted on 30/03/2021
  • Assessment on 29/04/2021
I want to ask how long it can take at max and in the worse case, to receive the decision? I am following this 16-Feb-OINP thread closely. From there, I can see people who have submitted applications up to 25/26th April are now being moved to DIP stage. While some cases are there where applicants are waiting for 27 days and counting while it shows DIP on the portal... After calculating other's timelines, I concluded that Assessment -> DIP (12-18) days. Mine has already crossed 19 days. DIP -> Approval (12-16) days. For one applicant, as mentioned above, it is 27 days and still in DIP.

So, my concerns are;
  • how long OINP can take?
  • once I will get approval (hopefully and praying) and accept it in EE profile, then only via PNP IRCC draw our applications will be selected for ITA.
  • 90 days for document collections (I will try my best to submit documents within first 30 days)
  • then all the factors of Covid delaying the processing. (5-8 months?)
  • I am expecting at least a rough guess or some educated guess as I have to take some personal decisions regarding relocation based on this timeline.

Many thanks.

astraldust

Feb 24, 2019
  • how long OINP can take? - No body can answer that, sorry.
  • once I will get approval (hopefully and praying) and accept it in EE profile, then only via PNP IRCC draw our applications will be selected for ITA - yes because FSW draws are on hold at the moment.
  • 90 days for document collections (I will try my best to submit documents within first 30 days) - as far as i know this is correct
  • then all the factors of Covid delaying the processing. (5-8 months?) - Perhaps. Again, no body knows.
  • I am expecting at least a rough guess or some educated guess as I have to take some personal decisions regarding relocation based on this timeline.
Any plans you make, you will have consider delays in not just OINP but Express Entry process as well. I would not expect your OINP to be delayed much but Express Entry delays can and do happen. I can tell you you will get PR it in xx months but do you really want to base your plans on my assumption which may very likely be incorrect? Unfortunately, there is no easy answer no matter how hard you try to guess. Good luck!

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hi all,
First of all thank you for reading my post.

I have a concern regarding timeline processing and all the delays. I received NOI from Ontario
  • on 16/02/2021
  • submitted on 30/03/2021
  • Assessment on 29/04/2021
I want to ask how long it can take at max and in the worse case, to receive the decision? I am following this 16-Feb-OINP thread closely. From there, I can see people who have submitted applications up to 25/26th April are now being moved to DIP stage. While some cases are there where applicants are waiting for 27 days and counting while it shows DIP on the portal... After calculating other's timelines, I concluded that Assessment -> DIP (12-18) days. Mine has already crossed 19 days. DIP -> Approval (12-16) days. For one applicant, as mentioned above, it is 27 days and still in DIP.

So, my concerns are;
  • how long OINP can take?
  • once I will get approval (hopefully and praying) and accept it in EE profile, then only via PNP IRCC draw our applications will be selected for ITA.
  • 90 days for document collections (I will try my best to submit documents within first 30 days)
  • then all the factors of Covid delaying the processing. (5-8 months?)

Many thanks.

On an average it is taking 60-90 days from Submission to Nomination.

If application gets moved to assessment faster, there will be longer delays in DIP. If Application moves to Assessment after long time then there is shorter wait time in DIP. Once the application moved to DIP, they go to nomination as per submitted date. (Few exceptions are always there).

If you look at the tracker the application which were submitted till 2-5 March, which were in DIP were moved to Nominated this week.

My rough guess for your application is 15-20 June :) for OINP.

Assume 1 month, and submit in July then add processing delays to it. IRCC has started many programs off late, also COVID and backlog drives lots of things, so if you take 9 month post submitting document by April 2022 you can expect COPR. Again this is all rough calculation :)

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Thank you @mrsamcan and @astraldust for your input.

So, I can expect at least 6-8 months and even more, if any delay occurs or some other unforeseen circumstances occur. Processing timeline can be pushed even further.

Many thanks once again :)