+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice on Providing Indian Address Proof for PCC in Canada

christ33

Feb 1, 2022
Hello all,

I'm facing a bit of a dilemma and could use some advice or guidance regarding the PCC process while residing in Canada.

Here's my situation: I recently renewed my Indian passport in the USA when I lived there previously, and it now bears a US address. However, my PCC application was returned by BLS with the requirement of a valid Indian address proof. The challenge I'm facing is that I haven't lived in India since 2011, and I don't have an Aadhar card or an Indian driver's license.

I'm exploring various options to provide the necessary address proof and was wondering if any of you have encountered a similar situation or have some insights on this matter. One option I was thinking was :

Parents' Address Proof: My parents reside in India at the current address and have documents like Aadhar cards,etc. Can I use their documents as valid address proof?

I've attempted multiple calls and emails to BLS, but unfortunately, they seem non-responsive. Additionally, the center is quite far from my location, so visiting in person is my last resort.

If any of you have any suggestions, experiences, or advice on how to approach this situation, I would greatly appreciate it. Your insights could be invaluable in helping me navigate this process.

Last edited: