+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice - How do I get started with my PR process

kalyan151098

Aug 24, 2016
Hi all,
Hope you all are well.

My profile background:
22 year old
Was an international undergraduate student in Newfoundland, Canada.
Started school in 2016 and completed my 4 year bachelors degree on August 20th, 2020.
Initial study permit expired on August 31st. Extended study permit valid until July 2021.
Applied for PGWP on 21st August (which is a day after I got my grades and is 10 days before my initial study permit expired.)
Currently on implied status and got a decent management job (non-tech) at a good company in B.C.
Moved to B.C and started working full-time in an NOC A job on 31st August 2020 (11 days after graduating) @ 36 dollars per hour.
Haven't taken IELTS yet but ready to take it whenever.
Worked part-time on and off campus over the past 4 years while being a student. Never did anything illegal or worked beyond 20hrs/week off-campus.
Don't have any prior professional work experience except the 1 month in my current job.

My goal:
Get PR as soon as possible in one or the other way possible.

What advice do I need from you all:
Since, I don't have any prior full-time work experience, I am not eligible for the express entry YET.
So, my options are to:

1. Regular EE application:
Wait for 11 more months to gain the 1 year full-time skilled work experience and apply express entry.
Which means? Even though I gain the 1 year experience and enter the EE pool. I am 100 %sure, I will not have enough points after 1 year since the cut off keeps increasing. So, I am assuming this option is ruled out for me.

2. BCPNP-EE application:
Wait for 11 more month to gain the eligibility to get into EE pool, then apply for BCPNP EE category and gain the extra 600 points which will be a sure shot PR.
Which means? 11 months for gaining eligibility + approximately 5 months for BCPNP EE procedures + 6 months for EE processing = almost 22 months to get PR

3. Regular BCPNP Skilled Immigration application:
Right away, apply for BCPNP Skilled Immigration category.
Which means? Approximately 5 months for provincial procedures + approximately 19 months for federal procedures = 24 months to get PR

What I want to know?
In my opinion, I feel that I should go ahead and start a regular BC PNP application so I be safe. However, the only things that come into my mind are that this BCPNP regular category is taking the most time in terms of getting the PR finalized and also I am afraid I may or may not be able to stay in the same job and province for 2 years because, my company is big and I might want to relocate to anywhere within Canada when I see a right advancement opportunity.

What are your views on my situation. Any relevant suggestions? Alternative options? Views? Anything, please feel free. Thanks.