+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need advice for bridging open work permit

edmonton97

May 10, 2013
hi there,

I applied for PR April 2010 under FSWP and send it to Buffalo Visa office, after 22 months Buffalo office updated my status stating that they transferred my papers in Seattle Visa office in January of 2012. I did my medical in November 2012

February of 2013 Seattle Visa office transferred my papers to Los Angeles Visa office since then i haven't heard from them after i send enquiry last month just to verify the status of my application.

Does anyone know how much time does it usually take for L.A. office to make a final decision?i also wonder if i need to ask my employer to apply for a new LMO for the reason that my WP is expiring on November 2013.

Also, i heard about the bridging of open work permit.. am i eligible to apply for that work permit?

Thank you, your response and opinion will be very much appreciated.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edmonton97 said:
hi there,

I applied for PR April 2010 under FSWP and send it to Buffalo Visa office, after 22 months Buffalo office updated my status stating that they transferred my papers in Seattle Visa office in January of 2012. I did my medical in November 2012

February of 2013 Seattle Visa office transferred my papers to Los Angeles Visa office since then i haven't heard from them after i send enquiry last month just to verify the status of my application.

Does anyone know how much time does it usually take for L.A. office to make a final decision?i also wonder if i need to ask my employer to apply for a new LMO for the reason that my WP is expiring on November 2013.

Also, i heard about the bridging of open work permit.. am i eligible to apply for that work permit?

Thank you, your response and opinion will be very much appreciated.
Please check this link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

Mitali

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hello;

I have applied for PR through AINP and my application has been received by CIC on Sept 23, 2016. Unfortunately, my post-graduate open work permit will be expired soon, on Nov 14, 2016. I don't think I will get the "Acknowledgement and the File number" from CIC before my work permit expires. So what should I do now? Should I just apply for the Bridging Work Permit without the file number but including all the papers from AINP (Nominee Certificate, letter of support) and a "Letter of Explanation" ?? Is there any chance that CIC will issue me a BOWP without File number? Please advise if I have any other options.

Thanks

Patelpatel506

Oct 19, 2016
i would go to the border and get the close work permit from there but before u go there ur employer need to pay 285 sme dollars to the cic and get some letters from there.....i give u these suggestion because u never know when u ll get the file number so go to the border n get the close work permit atleast u make yourself employed......

Lata Ahuja

Nov 1, 2016
Need guidance regarding Province Nomination,want to connect with teachers group

Hello everyone,
I am Lata Ahuja. Like you all waiting for the invitation, entered the pool last year. Now looking forward for any Province to response but not getting any clear idea regarding teachers profile. If any one can guide and help me to join whats-app group of teachers for Canada will be a great help. I have 10+ years of experience in Education field with one of the India's recognised schools. Looking forward for a help and an advice.

Thanks