+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need advice.... confused Live-in Caregiver

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi to all,

I will be going home to the Philippines for a vacation this holiday season. My trv which is multiple entry and work permit will expire on the same date, january 2011, my passport expiration. I was wondering whether it's okay to renew my passport now eventhough it's still one year before its expiration? And whether this will affect my re-entry to Canada?

And also, my employer told me that they are gonna renew my contract for another year after i finished my 24 months on August 2010. My contract with them is 2 years, but my work permit is almost 3 years. Since my work permit will expire on January 2011 and my 2 year contract with them will end on August 2010, that will give me only almost 4 months of remaining work permit validity and so thus my visa. Do i need to apply again for another work permit and visa when they hire me again for another year? If yes, when is the best time to apply for it? I understand tht after completing the 24 months of employment under LCP, i can apply for landed immigrant. What will happen if upon giving another work permit and visa extension, my application for permanent residence and work permit is not process yet?

Thanks for bearing with me. I appreciate your time and effort in reading and replying to this thread.