Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07- 19-2012
Doc's Request.
06-19-2013 (police clearance for spouse)
AOR Received.
08-16- 2012
File Transfer...
08 -16- 2012
Med's Request
04-20-2013
Med's Done....
04- 24 -2013
Passport Req..
15-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
1. I sent my application to extend my pgwp on Nov.6, 2012 as I renewed my passport and I requested the remaining 6 months on my post graduation work permit. I attached a cover letter explaining my request but I did NOT attach a letter from school. Will my application be denied? :eek:

2. My pgwp expires in 3 weeks, I am wondering if I can send another application for the bridging open work permit in case my first extension gets rejected? I am afraid if I wait for an answer from my extension (and if it's negative) I won't be eligible to apply for the bridging wp as my status expires. PLEASE ADVICE!

3. For the bridging work permit do we have to provide any job offer letter from the employer or any work related documents?

Thank you!

ioanag

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07- 19-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-16- 2012
File Transfer...
08 -16- 2012
Med's Request
04-20-2013
Med's Done....
04- 24 -2013
Passport Req..
15-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Any letter needed from the employer when applying for the bridging open work permit?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ioanag said:
1. I sent my application to extend my pgwp on Nov.6, 2012 as I renewed my passport and I requested the remaining 6 months on my post graduation work permit. I attached a cover letter explaining my request but I did NOT attach a letter from school. Will my application be denied? :eek:

A: You will soon find out.

2. My pgwp expires in 3 weeks, I am wondering if I can send another application for the bridging open work permit in case my first extension gets rejected? I am afraid if I wait for an answer from my extension (and if it's negative) I won't be eligible to apply for the bridging wp as my status expires. PLEASE ADVICE!

A: Yes. As long as you have received CEC AOR and you do between now and your PGWP expiring. The sooner the better!

3. For the bridging work permit do we have to provide any job offer letter from the employer or any work related documents?

A: No. It will be an open work permit. You just need to meet the criteria.
Thank you!

attique

Mar 13, 2013
Hi,

I got my AOR and applied for an extension of my open work permit (PGWP) via the bridging operational bulletin 485. However I was refused and they are now asking for an LMO from my employer. This doesn't make sense since I qualify for an Open work permit by the new law, and don't want to be tied to a single employer.

I fulfilled the criteria, and I feel that CIC made a mistake as I spoke to two call center officers and both contradicted themselves: One stated that I must've made a mistake and had probably put in an application for a regular work permit which requires an LMO. The other stated that I was refused because my GCMS status is not set to passed yet, I tried explaining to her that the bulletin states that IF it is not set to passed then an AOR (email from CIO) with the application would qualify per the eligibility critera. And that the AOR email stated that my application was complete based on CEC category and would be sent for further processing to the visa offices. She asked me to reach out directly to Vegreville.

I am filing for a restoration of my temp status and making a case that CIC has refused my application in error. But I can't do that online and will have to do it via mail with additional documentation and the assistance of a lawyer.

Any suggestions on how I could work on expediting the process? I have temporarily lost my job, am not eligible to receive Employment Insurance and have no health coverage due to this mistake that they made.

Any help/advice would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you!

chia_88

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
attique said:
Hi,

I got my AOR and applied for an extension of my open work permit (PGWP) via the bridging operational bulletin 485. However I was refused and they are now asking for an LMO from my employer. This doesn't make sense since I qualify for an Open work permit by the new law, and don't want to be tied to a single employer.

I fulfilled the criteria, and I feel that CIC made a mistake as I spoke to two call center officers and both contradicted themselves: One stated that I must've made a mistake and had probably put in an application for a regular work permit which requires an LMO. The other stated that I was refused because my GCMS status is not set to passed yet, I tried explaining to her that the bulletin states that IF it is not set to passed then an AOR (email from CIO) with the application would qualify per the eligibility critera. And that the AOR email stated that my application was complete based on CEC category and would be sent for further processing to the visa offices. She asked me to reach out directly to Vegreville.

I am filing for a restoration of my temp status and making a case that CIC has refused my application in error. But I can't do that online and will have to do it via mail with additional documentation and the assistance of a lawyer.

Any suggestions on how I could work on expediting the process? I have temporarily lost my job, am not eligible to receive Employment Insurance and have no health coverage due to this mistake that they made.

Thank you!

Hi,

Im terribly sorry to hear about this situation. Although I cannot answer your question, I am very concerned about this.
This situation may certainly raise afew eyebrows, as many people on this forum including myself believe that you ONLY need to have received your AOR in order to apply for an Open Work Permit Extension while your CEC application is decided.

Can you give us any further information about your case? I am currently waiting for my AOR so that I can apply for an Open work Permit (Extention) just like you have done, so im very concerned right now. This situation could help alot of people! Lets work together to figure this out.

What is your country of origin?
What is your current status in Canada? (are you on an open work permit? Work Visa? Student?
In what month was your CEC application recieved by CIO?

Did you take a second look at the forms you submitted (to check if you selected "open work permit"

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
attique said:
Hi,

Thank you!
I'd speak to an immigration lawyer asap... It's obviously a mistake. They can expedite.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi ioanag,

What happened to your application for bridging work permit .

I want to apply for bridging open work permit . My current work permit expires in December 1st week and my FSW 2 application is in progress .

Where did you specify your PR file number exactly . Is it there somewhere in the form ??

Regards,
lrow

ioanag

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07- 19-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-16- 2012
File Transfer...
08 -16- 2012
Med's Request
04-20-2013
Med's Done....
04- 24 -2013
Passport Req..
15-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
lrow said:
Hi ioanag,

What happened to your application for bridging work permit .

I want to apply for bridging open work permit . My current work permit expires in December 1st week and my FSW 2 application is in progress .

Where did you specify your PR file number exactly . Is it there somewhere in the form ??

Regards,
lrow
I received my BOWP, but 2 weeks after this, my PR was also approved. For BOWP I applied via paper application and I attached a cover letter with file number, UCI and my personal information. Fallow all questions on the application form accordingly...

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
ioanag said:
I received my BOWP, but 2 weeks after this, my PR was also approved. For BOWP I applied via paper application and I attached a cover letter with file number, UCI and my personal information. Fallow all questions on the application form accordingly...
Thanks for the reply . The WP checklist says "Job offer letter" .
Is it really needed for open work permit ??

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010

Note:- I want to continue working for same employer even after I receive open work permit . Hope it doesn't make any difference.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
attique said:
Hi,

Thank you!
Hello Attique,

Just like JSM said, you will need to get in touch with a lawyer. This will cost you but I guess the lawyers can get in touch with the Visa officers directly.

Its a clear mistake. Go to a lawyer, not an immigration consultant.

All the best bro.

seikokimura

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
I was just wondering if you found out about it.
Do we need to submit a “Letter of Employment” or a “Job Offer”, in order to be able to renew the bridging open work permit? (I already got my AOR and Letter of Nomination from my Province)