+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Near 4 month after AOR, moved to ip2, but got ADR which seems irrelevant. Pls advise!

ahmao

May 29, 2018
China
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HKVO(maybe)
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Hi all,

My time line is like this:
AOR: 2nd May
IP1 and MEP: 9th May
ADR No.1 9th May
AD submitted: 22nd May
AD turned NA: 26th May

After that nothing happened until

IP2: 18th May
ADR No.2: 19th May
AD submitted: 19th May
AD status is reviewing since 20th May.

That's about all, nothing much cos most of the time I spent waiting in queue, once it is out and moving it's quite fast.

The 2nd ADR is about my master's degree, CIC was asking for my field of study, my supervisor and if I published any articles and journals. And they ask for a detailed CV.

My question is that is it common to get request for this kinda info?
My degree is WES certified so CIC should not need to authenticate that.
It is only a master's degree, and it is not research based but coursework based. What's the point of asking that? I did not have a supervisor nor did I publish any articles. So I updated they with a detailed CV stating that clearly.

Do you think they'd use this as an excuse to put me on hold for another 4 months? That's quite scary...

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Hi all,

My time line is like this:
AOR: 2nd May
IP1 and MEP: 9th May
ADR No.1 9th May
AD submitted: 22nd May
AD turned NA: 26th May

After that nothing happened until

IP2: 18th May
ADR No.2: 19th May
AD submitted: 19th May
AD status is reviewing since 20th May.

That's about all, nothing much cos most of the time I spent waiting in queue, once it is out and moving it's quite fast.

The 2nd ADR is about my master's degree, CIC was asking for my field of study, my supervisor and if I published any articles and journals. And they ask for a detailed CV.

My question is that is it common to get request for this kinda info?
My degree is WES certified so CIC should not need to authenticate that.
It is only a master's degree, and it is not research based but coursework based. What's the point of asking that? I did not have a supervisor nor did I publish any articles. So I updated they with a detailed CV stating that clearly.

Do you think they'd use this as an excuse to put me on hold for another 4 months? That's quite scary...
What was your NOC?

ahmao

May 29, 2018
China
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HKVO(maybe)
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
any advices guys?

ahmao

May 29, 2018
China
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HKVO(maybe)
AOR Received.
Med's Done....

ahmao

May 29, 2018
China
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HKVO(maybe)
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
are you in sequrity screen? maybe they have concern about your research?
dun think so not in SS yet cos I just got ip2
I did not do any research at all, my masters was by coursework, that is you take lectures and you take exam if you pass they give you the degree...

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
dun think so not in SS yet cos I just got ip2
I did not do any research at all, my masters was by coursework, that is you take lectures and you take exam if you pass they give you the degree...
Hi, I heared from a friend that someone has received the similar request as you. And currently they are in security screening. It will last for over half year.

ahmao

May 29, 2018
China
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HKVO(maybe)
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Hi, I heared from a friend that someone has received the similar request as you. And currently they are in security screening. It will last for over half year.
OK lets hope I do not share the same fate. your friend is phd or master?

ahmao

May 29, 2018
China
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HKVO(maybe)
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
you should see that it is because maybe you are under security screen not because of your study experience
IC so by asking for the field of study means I am already under screening is that right?