+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Navigating Post-Refusal Scenarios: Implications of Work Permit Denial Following OINP Approval and Federal PR Application

hdstockimages

Sep 18, 2024
Pakistan
Category........
WP
I find myself in a complex predicament following the approval of my Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) application. Armed with a supporting letter derived from this approval, I submitted a request for a work permit extension; however, I was met with an unexpected refusal today. Compounding this situation, I have concurrently initiated my application for federal permanent residency, which is currently in progress.

A particular concern arises from the stipulations outlined in my Nominee Certificate, which explicitly mandates that I remain employed with a designated employer until my permanent residency is secured. Given the recent denial of my work permit extension, I am left questioning the viability of my current status in Canada.

What are my options moving forward? Am I still eligible to work or remain in Canada under these circumstances? Any guidance or insights into navigating this challenging situation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.