+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

name difference in education credential doc and passport

rgu

Feb 5, 2018
hi, i got transcript from my univ. having both first and last name e.g xxxx yyyy but, my passport has only first nae say xxxx. my Q is would WES accpet my doc. and process ECA report. If i get my report in XXXX YYYY name then will CIC accept as I will have both report and passport name diffrence(no last name in passport).
or i will have to enclose any affidavit of name diffrence.

thinkingtoapply

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
WES will accept. If you want, they will also process your application with only first name. You will just have to put hyphen ( - ) in your last name, if you provide them the "same person" affidavit. But it will be better if you do it exactly like your univ transcripts.

You will be asked in your CIC application if you have used any other names in the past. You'll have to say 'yes', following which you will be asked to attach a name change affidavit where you can attach a 'one and the same person' affidavit.

rgu

Feb 5, 2018
WES will accept. If you want, they will also process your application with only first name. You will just have to put hyphen ( - ) in your last name, if you provide them the "same person" affidavit. But it will be better if you do it exactly like your univ transcripts.

You will be asked in your CIC application if you have used any other names in the past. You'll have to say 'yes', following which you will be asked to attach a name change affidavit where you can attach a 'one and the same person' affidavit.
Thanks for quick response. where can I get Same person affidavit in india (nortary office or embassy)