+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MyCIC Vs GCKey Vs Online Payment Registration

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is MyCIC the online dash board?
Is GCKey the login credential used to access that dashboard?

While paying online, we were required to register. Sponsor created a GCkey credential and proceeded with the payment.
Is this the GCKey we use for all purposes of our application: Linking, uploading requested docs etc. etc. ?
Or does the sponsor and applicant have their own GCKeys.. in that case will they also have different MyCICs?, if so, will our application be linked to 2 different accounts (each of our own account)?

This is confusing. We just sent in our application.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
GCKey stands for Government of Canada Key. You use it to access Government services - everything from immigration to reserving campsites in national parks. Each individual person can have their own, or their own multiple GCKeys. You cannot share a GCKey with somebody else.

MyCIC is your account with Citizenship & Immigration Canada (now IRCC - Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada). You log into your myCIC account using your GCKey. You can link your application to your myCIC account once you have signed in.

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bcboundboy said:
GCKey stands for Government of Canada Key. You use it to access Government services - everything from immigration to reserving campsites in national parks. Each individual person can have their own, or their own multiple GCKeys. You cannot share a GCKey with somebody else.

MyCIC is your account with Citizenship & Immigration Canada (now IRCC - Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada). You log into your myCIC account using your GCKey. You can link your application to your myCIC account once you have signed in.
Thank you. Can the sponsor and the principal applicant both link the application to their respective MyCICs using their own GCKeys?

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Screenager said:
Thank you. Can the sponsor and the principal applicant both link the application to their respective MyCICs using their own GCKeys?
The PA's application in MyCIC is only accessed with the PA's information. The sponsor's application doesn't appear in MyCIC. Only one MyCIC account can link to any one application.

To check status of your sponsor application, use eCAS: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So its fine to use a different GCKey to link the application from the GCKey that was used to pay the funds online?

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omegabyte said:
The PA's application in MyCIC is only accessed with the PA's information. The sponsor's application doesn't appear in MyCIC. Only one MyCIC account can link to any one application.

To check status of your sponsor application, use eCAS: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp
Still didn't understand. MyCic account was used for many other applications including my PR. Now I am a sponsor, can I link my wife's application to it?