+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Myasthenia Gravis By-Birth aiming for EE

devinca

Nov 8, 2021
Hi all,

I'm a by-birth myasthenia gravis patient/sufferer, apparently I'm all good and normal. I'm a web developer(software engineer) doing full-time job and competing+coping with fellow human beings.
I want to ask from the experts whether I'll be able to clear the medical examination of Express Entry? If it's not possible for me to clear the medical examination then I should not even create the EE profile.

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

I'm a by-birth myasthenia gravis patient/sufferer, apparently I'm all good and normal. I'm a web developer(software engineer) doing full-time job and competing+coping with fellow human beings.
I want to ask from the experts whether I'll be able to clear the medical examination of Express Entry? If it's not possible for me to clear the medical examination then I should not even create the EE profile.

Thanks in advance.
If you are relatively without symptoms, then it's certainly worth giving it a try.

It's hard to say one way or the other about the medical since this will be up to IRCC and how they assess your current health and your expected health and health care needs 5-10 years into the future.

devinca

Nov 8, 2021
If you are relatively without symptoms, then it's certainly worth giving it a try.

It's hard to say one way or the other about the medical since this will be up to IRCC and how they assess your current health and your expected health and health care needs 5-10 years into the future.
Is there any way I could find about my medical eligibility beforehand? I have apparent symptoms of Myasthenia Gravis like drooling eye lids, for instance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is there any way I could find about my medical eligibility beforehand? I have apparent symptoms of Myasthenia Gravis like drooling eye lids, for instance.
Unfortunately there is no way to find out beforehand.

devinca

Nov 8, 2021
Unfortunately there is no way to find out beforehand.
(apologies for my followup questions)

One more thing, are you familiar with cases or share few instances where medical examination of candidates came negative and resulted in rejection of EE?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
(apologies for my followup questions)

One more thing, are you familiar with cases or share few instances where medical examination of candidates came negative and resulted in rejection of EE?
There are certainly some examples where this happened on this forum however I'm not sure how easy they will be to find. The ones I remember were related to other conditions. I don't remember ever seeing one related to myasthenia gravis since this is quite rare to the best of my knowledge.

The way IRCC assesses medical admissibility is to look at how much the care you need is going to cost the Canadian health care system and social care system over the next 5-10 years. If IRCC believes the costs for any of these years is going to exceed $20K per year, then IRCC may send you a PFL letter and indicate they intend to refuse your application. So if you are healthy now, that's obviously excellent. Based on your current health and prognosis, IRCC will then estimate what the costs will be to the health care system in the future.

The only way you'll be able to get a clear answer for your situation is to go through the actual process of applying. Otherwise there's no way to say for certain.

Good luck.