+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My work permit extension got refused, please help.

Shehanperera

Nov 13, 2017
Hello everyone,

I studied in Canada for about 3 years and I applied and received my postgraduate work permit, However I only received it for about 2 years instead of the usual 3 years because of my passport expiry day. My post graduate work permit expired on July 31, I renewed my passport and reapplied on the july 24 of 2017. However the immigration agency called wwics that i went with didn't do there job properly, instead of paying the $255 for the application fees and open work permit fees. they only asked me to pay 155 for the application fee. because of this my application was rejected. on the letter i received it says that i am no longer eligible for restoration as my 90 restoration period is over. please tell me what am i supposed to do now. do i have to leave the country.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello everyone,

I studied in Canada for about 3 years and I applied and received my postgraduate work permit, However I only received it for about 2 years instead of the usual 3 years because of my passport expiry day. My post graduate work permit expired on July 31, I renewed my passport and reapplied on the july 24 of 2017. However the immigration agency called wwics that i went with didn't do there job properly, instead of paying the $255 for the application fees and open work permit fees. they only asked me to pay 155 for the application fee. because of this my application was rejected. on the letter i received it says that i am no longer eligible for restoration as my 90 restoration period is over. please tell me what am i supposed to do now. do i have to leave the country.

Yes you have to leave the country because you are no longer be able to restore your status. You can try applying to extend your PGWP from your home country but I'm not sure if they will approve it or not. Staying longer while out of status is bad for future applications so you should at least leave within 30 days if you can.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Hello everyone,

The restoration period run from the date the decision to reject the application was made. That immigration officer was a bit harsh!!!

Call CiC. Speaking from experience i sent off for a bridge which was refused and the date the decision was made was March 2016 never mind my Work permit expired 3months before that. The 90days run from the date when your implied status would have been terminated.

So call CIC see if some with a heart will answer and advise you that this can be reviewed.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Let the CIC be the final word in all this. If they are unmoved and will not entertain the processing time should not work against you in the expiration of 90days. Pray and call them and see what God can do for you!

My God help you to get this sorted and o hope they will have a change of heart and be reasonable