+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife threating me that she will sue me for marriage frud. But our marriage was arranged.

Sep 22, 2017
My wife is threating me that she will tell the court that I did marriage for immigration and its frud. My sponsorship file is still in process. And plus our baby is also due in December.
Does the our baby is a sold reson that I didn't married her for immegrtion.?
Can she insist court to deport me even I still have the open workpermit ?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
My wife is threating me that she will tell the court that I did marriage for immigration and its frud. My sponsorship file is still in process. And plus our baby is also due in December.
I don't think she can have you deported, that is up to IRCC. She can however withdraw the sponsorship application and give the reason that she thinks the marriage is fraudulent. I have no idea what form you have to fill out and what information the sponsor has to give for withdrawal. Maybe someone else here can answer that.

As for your work permit, I think if you obtained it through the inland spousal sponsorship route, it becomes invalid if she withdraws the application and you would have to find another means to stay and work in Canada. Again someone else may want to confirm this.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I don't think she can have you deported, that is up to IRCC. She can however withdraw the sponsorship application and give the reason that she thinks the marriage is fraudulent. I have no idea what form you have to fill out and what information the sponsor has to give for withdrawal. Maybe someone else here can answer that.

As for your work permit, I think if you obtained it through the inland spousal sponsorship route, it becomes invalid if she withdraws the application and you would have to find another means to stay and work in Canada. Again someone else may want to confirm this.
She does not need any reasons to withdraw her sponsorship if the app is still in process. It's entirely her right to decide not to sponsor someone, for whatever reason she wants. Whether she claims the marriage was valid or not would be irrelevant.

Also I believe the work permit will stay valid and give legal status until it's expiry date, separate from the PR app being cancelled.

Sep 22, 2017
I am just worrying about my work permit. I had the post gradute work permit before. And when she appiled for sponsorship and i got the open workpermit. It's valid for next 2 years.
As per my knowledge once the work permit is issued it's good till expiry date.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
She does not need any reasons to withdraw her sponsorship if the app is still in process. It's entirely her right to decide not to sponsor someone, for whatever reason she wants. Whether she claims the marriage was valid or not would be irrelevant.

Also I believe the work permit will stay valid and give legal status until it's expiry date, separate from the PR app being cancelled.
Wow that would be lucky for the applicant! I would have thought that they would cancel the OWP. Thanks for clarifying.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I am just worrying about my work permit. I had the post gradute work permit before. And when she appiled for sponsorship and i got the open workpermit. It's valid for next 2 years.
Hopefully you can get PR another way if your wife does withdraw the spousal sponsorship application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The work permit will remain valid.

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
contact an immigration lawyer/consultant

Cross99

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
contact an immigration lawyer/consultant
No.

Please read @Rob_TO 's reply above.

If your sponsor withdraws the application before it is finalised, there is nothing you, or for that matter any lawyer, can do. IRCC will refuse to process the application.

Do think about other immigration options in case your sponsor decides to withdraw. You mentioned you had a PGWP - a Canadian educational credential and work experience may be able to help you qualify for Express Entry.

Sep 22, 2017
No.

Please read @Rob_TO 's reply above.

If your sponsor withdraws the application before it is finalised, there is nothing you, or for that matter any lawyer, can do. IRCC will refuse to process the application.

Do think about other immigration options in case your sponsor decides to withdraw. You mentioned you had a PGWP - a Canadian educational credential and work experience may be able to help you qualify for Express Entry.

Sep 22, 2017
Thanks,
Today I went to immegrtion lawyer. He said most of the chances CIC will not cancel the work permit.
It might be possible that they can cancel it but not 100% sure.
Yes I had the PSGW but it expired thats why i applied for another open workpermit.
I am not eligible for express entery but I can apply SNIP experience program category. And also i have the option for humanterian ground as well because I have Canadian born baby and plus I have more then 5 years Canadian study and work experience.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Thanks,
Today I went to immegrtion lawyer. He said most of the chances CIC will not cancel the work permit.
It might be possible that they can cancel it but not 100% sure.
Yes I had the PSGW but it expired thats why i applied for another open workpermit.
I am not eligible for express entery but I can apply SNIP experience program category. And also i have the option for humanterian ground as well because I have Canadian born baby and plus I have more then 5 years Canadian study and work experience.
In h&c there is low approvals rates