+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife is sponsoring me for my PR. Now we are getting separated but application is still in process

Sep 22, 2017
I was on post graduate workpermit. And got married in Canada and wife is permanent reisdent of Canada. Now she wants to divorce while my file is in process. We also excepting a baby in couple of months.
CIC issued me new open workpermit, when my post graduate work permit was expired.
My first question is that can cic cancel my open workpermit when she Widraw my application.
And second can my baby support me for my stay in Canada.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Your work permit would still be valid until its expiry date, but you wife should withdraw her application to sponsor you ASAP, as you are no longer eligible under family class.

Your baby cannot sponsor you until 2035 at the earliest (when they could, in the unlikely event the rules remain the same until then, enter the random draw to sponsor a parent).

Sep 22, 2017
Your work permit would still be valid until its expiry date, but you wife should withdraw her application to sponsor you ASAP, as you are no longer eligible under family class.

Your baby cannot sponsor you until 2035 at the earliest (when they could, in the unlikely event the rules remain the same until then, enter the random draw to sponsor a parent).
I am getting offer in saskatchwen to apply under Saskatchewan experience class SNIP.
Would this open work permit will support me to apply under that category as it's not postgraduate work permit anymore.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Agreed with the above. You can keep your open work permit. However your baby cannot help you to stay in Canada. If you want to stay in Canada after your open work permit expires, you'll need to find a way to do this on your own.

Reactions: Rajeshkumar222