+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Visa got Rejected

Priyanka9

Sep 11, 2014
Hi, I am Priyanka,

My real sister is married and stays with her husband in Ontario, Canada.

I applied for tourist visa in July to visit my sister as she is expecting her first child around 26th October. i intend to apply again in few days.

I am 30yrs old and single.I am partner in 2 companies. and I have a past work experience.

My Visa was denied because of the following reasons.
They mentioned that they are not sure if I will leave canada after the expiration of my visa because of:

1)No travel History
2)Purpose Of Visit
3)Your personal assets and financial status

Also, not sufficient funds , including income or assets.

Please help what all documents i need to add as I attached all the documents as suggested on VFS website.

Priyanka9

Sep 11, 2014
Re: My Visa Rejected

Rayan14 said:
That is a generic response they give to every one whose tourist visas are denied.

But I seriously need the visa as nobody from the family is with them

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014

Priyanka9 said:
But I seriously need the visa as nobody from the family is with them
You actually said NOTHING about your application. We need details to help you.

What documents did you send? Mention all the documents and what they contained. Also mention all relevant information you submit with your application about the trip.

Be specific so we can help you.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi Priyanka,

Canada and USA visa officer always think all persons applying visa (visitor & student) want to overstay in their country, you have accountability to proof vice versa.

Let put your case to their seat, they receive a request visa from a person 30 years old, single and having sister in Canada. How you can proof that you will leave Canada when visa expiring? I think the strong reason is your job (employment), property, spouse and Kids, travel history. If you have document available, you should attached as much as possible to proof you will leave Canada after expiring Canada.

Priyanka9 said:
Hi, I am Priyanka,

My real sister is married and stays with her husband in Ontario, Canada.

I applied for tourist visa in July to visit my sister as she is expecting her first child around 26th October. i intend to apply again in few days.

I am 30yrs old and single.I am partner in 2 companies. and I have a past work experience.

My Visa was denied because of the following reasons.
They mentioned that they are not sure if I will leave canada after the expiration of my visa because of:

1)No travel History
2)Purpose Of Visit
3)Your personal assets and financial status

Also, not sufficient funds , including income or assets.

Please help what all documents i need to add as I attached all the documents as suggested on VFS website.

Priyanka9

Sep 11, 2014

HI....thanks for replying. I applied with the following documents:
1)Cover Letter
2)Bank statement of last 6 months
3)Registration papers of my both companies
4)My property and car papers.
5)Invitation letter from my sister
6)Financial Documents from my sister n brother in law

Also, is it required to attach my parents documents also?
Please help me as i need to apply again as thr is nobody from the family and she is getting very emotional.

Thanks
Priyanka

Jalex23 said:
You actually said NOTHING about your application. We need details to help you.

What documents did you send? Mention all the documents and what they contained. Also mention all relevant information you submit with your application about the trip.

Be specific so we can help you.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014

Hi,

Again you are not giving enough details so we can help you. You need to be much more specific than "Invitation Letter"....

Priyanka9 said:
1)Cover Letter
What did it say?

Priyanka9 said:
2)Bank statement of last 6 months
Why 6 months? How much money?

Priyanka9 said:
3)Registration papers of my both companies
What is "registration papers"? What info did they provided? How was this information provided?

Priyanka9 said:
4)My property and car papers.
In which language?

Priyanka9 said:
5)Invitation letter from my sister
Saying what? Be specific.

Priyanka9 said:
6)Financial Documents from my sister n brother in law
Which ones? Why did you include them?

Please provide details in your next answer. Give as much information as possible do not limit yourself to answer the questions I posted, think of anything that could be relevant.

Sonata95 said:
Canada and USA visa officer always think all persons applying visa (visitor & student) want to overstay in their country, you have accountability to proof vice versa.
In general all countries that require a VISA think this way. That is the whole point of a VISA.

Priyanka9

Sep 11, 2014

In cover letter i mentioned that as they are expecting thr 1st child...i want to be thr to celebrate the moment(they mentioned the same in invitation letter)

They asked for 6months account statement and i showed around 5lacs

Registration papers are the papers which shows that company is registered and also 1) year of registration 2)name of the company 3)nature of work and 4)partnership details.

assets details were in English

In Invitation letter they mentioned that "as they are expecting thr baby around 26th oct n they want me to be with them and all boarding and lodging expenses would be paid by them as i would be staying with them. Also, they will make sure that I leave the country on time". with their PR details

Financial documents of my sister and brother in law attached were:
NOA, bank statement of 6 months, pay slips , employment proof. as they were inviting me, i have to attach their financial documents.

Jalex23 said:
Hi,

Again you are not giving enough details so we can help you. You need to be much more specific than "Invitation Letter"....

What did it say?

Why 6 months? How much money?

What is "registration papers"? What info did they provided? How was this information provided?

In which language?

Saying what? Be specific.

Which ones? Why did you include them?

Please provide details in your next answer. Give as much information as possible do not limit yourself to answer the questions I posted, think of anything that could be relevant.

In general all countries that require a VISA think this way. That is the whole point of a VISA.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014

Priyanka9 said:
They asked for 6months account statement and i showed around 5lacs
What is LAC? please use CAN.

Who asked for 6 months?

Priyanka9 said:
Registration papers are the papers which shows that company is registered and also 1) year of registration 2)name of the company 3)nature of work and 4)partnership details.
This is OK but you needed other things. You need a letter from your company in which it states: time of leave, when are you expected back, start date of employment.... in this case CIC is not interested in the company registration, they are interested on how that company is going to prove that you are coming back.

For how much time did you asked for?

Where is your passport from?

What is your country of residency?

Also, why they are inviting you and not your mother? your father? grandparents?

Please add any other relevant information so we can help you.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Priyanka9,

1.You are an overstay risk....so your 'employer' is your own company. You can sell it or have someone else run it for you while you hang out in Canada.

2. You have weak socio-economic ties in your home country and as someone else asked why you not your mother being there for the birth? What does your presence at the birth do? How does your absence impact on the birth? Visa officer may also take the view you are going to provide child care services for your family and maybe the neighbors etc.

3. Unless your situation changes read full employment in a job that you won't likely give up plus travel history in another G7 country preferably the US a visa re-application likely will get bounced again.

M

mikeymyke

Debrom24 said:
It seems like getting a Canadian TRV requires lots and lots of preparations.
Yeah but at the same time, you can't half-ass on your application. Lots of people seem to think you just give CIC the bare minimum for the documents and you're good. My wife and I worked very hard on the TRV application and she got approved in half the time and got a multiple entry for life. And she's from a high overstay risk country and was married to me, a Canadian, at the time.

The most common mistakes I see when people apply are:

1) Borrowing money from relatives or friends to artificially increase their bank statement. This commonly leads to refusal due to the funds not belonging completely to the applicant.
2) Giving a very general and vague purpose of visit.
3) Asking for more than a month of stay.

Unfortunately, there are some things you cannot fix like travel history or family ties. I don't think the OP would be successful in another TRV attempt as she has zero travel history and a previous TRV refusal, even if she corrects all the other things.