+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My successful flagpole experience on August 1st at Peace bridge

fiona^^

Feb 19, 2014
I have been reading a lot of threads of unsuccessful flagpole landing recently so I want to share my experience to whom are attempting to land during this period of time. And here is my story:

After long day of work, me and my boyfriend drove to Peace bridge from Toronto around 7:30pm and we arrived at the bridge around 9:30. The traffic to the bridge was very decent and smooth. We drove across the bridge and waited at the US border. When it was our turn, we told the US officer that we were here for flagpole and he was very nice to tell us 'no problem!' and asked some general questions like what is your citizenships and told us to turn on the hazard light of the car. Then he gave us a small white paper and went off from his station and directed us to the building at then right side. It took around 3 mins which was REALLY FAST. Then we went into the door#2 and waited for our passport back. After 15 mins we got our passports back and anther officer directed us to drive back to the Canada side. Then we told the Canada officer that we are here for landing and he kindly asked us if we had the documents that required for landing and we said YES. Then he told us to go into the building at the left side which is called "Port of Entry". When we entered the building, no one was there waiting surprisingly. And an officer called us and we asked if he could do the landing for us then he's like sure of course! Then we signed the CoPR and he congratulated us "Now you two are the permanent residents of Canada" and he was nice enough to tell us how to apply sin card and health card. He didn't even ask us for other documents like bank statements, common law declaration etc...(maybe we are in CEC category?) The whole process was only like 15 mins!! After that we paid $4 to exit the bridge and the time was around 10:15pm. No hassle at all.