+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My study permit and spouse extension

amanflora85

May 17, 2016
Hi,

We are Indians and in Canada from almost 5 years. We both came on study visa with four months of difference in the entry to Canada. After one year of incomplete studies I (Husband) took withdrawal from college and shifted to open work permit on the basis of spouse (Wife) study visa. Then my wife got Post graduate Open Work Permit and I got Open work permit on that basis.

Now we have applied for Express Entry with 445 points from last 1-2 months and haven't got invitation yet and trying to achieve more points my retaking english exam and work experience.

So I'm (Husband) going back to studies. We both are in Canada and our OPW status is expiring in 31 August 2016. My questions are

1) Should I apply my wife's extensions with my study permit in same application OR should I apply first for my Study permit and then apply for wife's open work permit based on my study permit (if got approved) later in another application?

2) Would I get PGOWP after completion of my studies as currently I'm on OPW based on my wife's PGOPW?

Thanks