+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my refugee claim was accepted but my family rejected, what should i do now?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Start your application and appeal. Wasting time waiting for an answer no one here can provide just increases the opportunity for CBSA to remove them. There have been many cases where one family member qualifies and the rest don’t (recently a mother didn’t qualify but her daughter did). Just because you qualify doesn’t mean everyone in your family is at risk. Obviously, IRB felt this was the case.

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi , how long is the processing time for family of convention refugee to join Canada ?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
CBSA are not vacation planners. Or they remove them, they send them to the home country. If it goes as far as a deportation, it opens a whole can of worms about inadmissibility as well, along with cost recovery if CBSA pays for flights. If it gets to that point you have exponentially increased the difficulty in them returning.
Get your application and sponsorship done now. It’s going to take 18+ months for your approval as it is. If they are deported you can add another 18-24 months to that before they can return.

Talab111

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
I have a last question , how do i know the limit date they have to exit the country? in the desition letter package does not state anywhere a limit date for they to depart. only has the desition letter and the appeal kit forms... or that will be known later ? thanks
CSBA will wait to find if you appeal or not, after that the deportation order will be active then CSBA will send you a letter to meet them to discuss the deportation. So my advice to you don't waste your time and start your PR application and submit the appeal right now. If you listen to anyone saying don't appeal, your spouse work permit will not renew and that means SIN will expire then your spouse will not be able to work.

Elite-001-

Apr 18, 2024
Hi any n
CSBA will wait to find if you appeal or not, after that the deportation order will be active then CSBA will send you a letter to meet them to discuss the deportation. So my advice to you don't waste your time and start your PR application and submit the appeal right now. If you listen to anyone saying don't appeal, your spouse work permit will not renew and that means SIN will expire then your spouse will not be able to work.
Hi Any news on your case ?
Did you receive the PR and your family and the same time ?

Elite-001-

Apr 18, 2024
I don't have any issue. That was my response to someone who have an issue with his claim.
Oh sorry my mistake
Do you have any idea if a protected persons family that live with him in canada since the start get their PR at the same time as the main demander or after