+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Proof Of Fund Query

fathimapathu

Dec 15, 2020
My Proof Of Fund is in HDFC savings Bank account. Also I have some other savings account too. Namely, HSBC (salaried account), Axis, and South Indian Bank. And more I have 6credit cards in different banks. So I have few doubts to clarify.
1. Should I provide a official letters for all these savings bank account and credit cards from different banks?
2. My husband travelling as a dependent along with me to CANADA, so should he collect the official letters from the bank account? He has 4 different savings account and 1 credit card.
3. I have a Car loan in my same savings account where I have my Proof Of Fund. So, will that affect me to show my Proof Of Fund?

please answer these questions one by one.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
If POF is in different accounts then official letters from all the bank accounts are required

Showing funds held in joint accounts and spouse’s accounts
If an applicant’s spouse is accompanying, the applicant can show the funds held together in a joint account to meet the POF requirement. However, to be able to show the funds for meeting the POF requirement, held in an account under the spouse’s name only, the applicant must prove that they have access to the funds. This can be done by the dependent spouse stating in writing that the funds are freely accessible by the primary spouse to be used as they see fit and are free of any obligations.
Similarly, if an applicant has a joint account with their parent, then the parent will have to execute an affidavit affirming that the funds held in the joint account can be used by the applicant for the purpose of meeting the POF requirements.

As per IRCC, you are also required to show the list of liabilities from the bank and which include loans, credit card debts or similar.
In such cases, any loans against asset do not have any impact on the IRCC requirement of POF. Hence house loan, car loan etc do not have any negative impact.