+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my points are 280 and i am in express entry pool

hhkhan

Mar 5, 2014
my points are 280 and i am in express entry pool ,my consultant asked me to get better band to improve the score,plz let me know what we have to do after entering the pool bcoz my consultant is not updating me n I m just blind about my profile,he gave me ref number but said that only they can chk because its in their quota,i don't understand,
if some has applied through consultant plz let me know are they right?
I know so many question but I m very depress about this procedure
all my friends got their visa who applied 10 days before expressentry :(
thANKS FOR YOUR KIND HELP

JUST FOR INFO I HAVE APPLIED FROM UAE

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to increase your points to over 450 if you want to have a chance of being selected under Federal Skilled Worker / Express Entry. If you cannot get your points to that level, you should start looking at the provincial nomination programs instead.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Links to information about the provincial programs can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
hhkhan said:
my points are 280 and i am in express entry pool ,my consultant asked me to get better band to improve the score,plz let me know what we have to do after entering the pool bcoz my consultant is not updating me n I m just blind about my profile,he gave me ref number but said that only they can chk because its in their quota,i don't understand,
if some has applied through consultant plz let me know are they right?
I know so many question but I m very depress about this procedure
all my friends got their visa who applied 10 days before expressentry :(
thANKS FOR YOUR KIND HELP

JUST FOR INFO I HAVE APPLIED FROM UAE
With Express Entry, there is no minimum CRS required to be eligible to enter the pool to apply for Canadian PR. But having said that to get direct invite (ITA), you should have a CRS of at least 470 (the score for the latest invite). As per the trend, the score for direct ITA has never gone down below 450. But that should not deter you from applying as there are ways to improve your score to get ITA.

You can get ITA in 3 different ways
1) Direct ITA - To get a direct ITA (based on the current trend), your CRS should be at least 470 and above (but let's assume it may come down a bit, so a safer bet would be 460). IELTS of the primary applicant plays a very important role in improving CRS score, therefore I would suggest that the primary applicant should target CLB 9 (LRWS - 8777). You can try these values in the calculator here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp and see for yourself how much of a difference IELTS makes to your CRS score. Even after improving your IELTS, if you are not able to achieve the desired CRS, you can look at the below options.

2) PNP - If your score is below 470 and you get a provincial nomination, it will add 600 points to your existing score which will make you eligible to receive an ITA in the next round of invitation. For PNPs check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp. With your current score (400+), you are eligible to receive invite from Ontario, check this link http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html.

3) Job Offer - If your score is below 470 and you have an LMIA backed job offer, it will add 600 points to your existing score which will make you eligible to receive an ITA in the next round of invitation.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Stanlee said:
With Express Entry, there is no minimum CRS required to be eligible to enter the pool to apply for Canadian PR. But having said that to get direct invite (ITA), you should have a CRS of at least 470 (the score for the latest invite). As per the trend, the score for direct ITA has never gone down below 450. But that should not deter you from applying as there are ways to improve your score to get ITA.

You can get ITA in 3 different ways
1) Direct ITA - To get a direct ITA (based on the current trend), your CRS should be at least 470 and above (but let's assume it may come down a bit, so a safer bet would be 460). IELTS of the primary applicant plays a very important role in improving CRS score, therefore I would suggest that the primary applicant should target CLB 9 (LRWS - 8777). You can try these values in the calculator here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp and see for yourself how much of a difference IELTS makes to your CRS score. Even after improving your IELTS, if you are not able to achieve the desired CRS, you can look at the below options.

2) PNP - If your score is below 470 and you get a provincial nomination, it will add 600 points to your existing score which will make you eligible to receive an ITA in the next round of invitation. For PNPs check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp. With your current score (400+), you are eligible to receive invite from Ontario, check this link http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html.

3) Job Offer - If your score is below 470 and you have an LMIA backed job offer, it will add 600 points to your existing score which will make you eligible to receive an ITA in the next round of invitation.
Hi All,

Let say one person with SOWP having low score (250) and employer support him to have a positive LMIA, they point will go to 850 which will make him eligible to receive an ITA in the next round of invitation, is it correct?

Thanks for your help

Thang

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Sonata95 said:
Hi All,

Let say one person with SOWP having low score (250) and employer support him to have a positive LMIA, they point will go to 850 which will make him eligible to receive an ITA in the next round of invitation, is it correct?

Thanks for your help

Thang
Yes, go ahead get your LMI, you ll get an ITA as soon as you enter the pool with LMI.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Sonata95 said:
Hi All,

Thanks for your help

Thang
Yes, you are correct.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Thanks a lot for your reply Gurik and Stanlee.

If SWOP having job with his relative owner ( eg: Salon or restaurant), is it possible for relative owner can help him to do LMIA support for PR application so that he can do EE with positive LMIA?

Thanks for your advise

Thang

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sonata95 said:
Thanks a lot for your reply Gurik and Stanlee.

If SWOP having job with his relative owner ( eg: Salon or restaurant), is it possible for relative owner can help him to do LMIA support for PR application so that he can do EE with positive LMIA?

Thanks for your advise
The job has to be skill level NOC A, B or 0 in order for the LMIA to get you 600 points under Express Entry.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
scylla said:
The job has to be skill level NOC A, B or 0 in order for the LMIA to get you 600 points under Express Entry.
Thanks to Scylla for your reply,

Position looks like Restaurant Manager or Assistant Restaurant Manager will be under NOC B, I read in the forum a lot of LMIA for the two position.

Thang

stellaN

May 25, 2020
Hi guys, I am currently in Canada I have lived and studied here for 5 years today I applied for express entry but I was given "zero" for my Canadian education please advice what can I do to get my education points so that I boost my points.

stellaN

May 25, 2020
Am also working in Canada and am still working with same job for over a year now but my status says that my”valid job offer” is not applicable please help me is there anything I put wrong