+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My medical exam is expired and would like to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit

chhw1006

Oct 31, 2019
My medical exam was done in August last year so it is technically expired though, I received an email from IRCC that "you are no longer required to complete an Immigration Medical Exam (IME). IRCC will continue processing your application with the previously provided medical exam results. No further action is required on your part at this time." Also it says my medical exam is passed for my PR(CEC) application.

I'm about to apply BOWP and they asked me if I had medical exam within last 12 months. I answered 'no' and the next question was if I'm in interested in working the jobs that requires medical exam. I'm a support worker so I answered 'yes' and I've got checklist for request and the proof of medical exam. SO my question is
1) Could I upload the proof of medical exam that I used for my PR application and maybe that email for explanation letter?
or 2) should I get another medical exam for applying BOWP.

Thanks!

Bella Wu

Aug 20, 2021
My medical exam was done in August last year so it is technically expired though, I received an email from IRCC that "you are no longer required to complete an Immigration Medical Exam (IME). IRCC will continue processing your application with the previously provided medical exam results. No further action is required on your part at this time." Also it says my medical exam is passed for my PR(CEC) application.

I'm about to apply BOWP and they asked me if I had medical exam within last 12 months. I answered 'no' and the next question was if I'm in interested in working the jobs that requires medical exam. I'm a support worker so I answered 'yes' and I've got checklist for request and the proof of medical exam. SO my question is
1) Could I upload the proof of medical exam that I used for my PR application and maybe that email for explanation letter?

Thanks!
hello ~~~how did u receive the mail from ircc said you are no longer required to complete an Immigration Medical Exam (IME).

akaur13

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020

Thanks!
Hi, can you please share if you submitted the medical with the Bridging Open Work Permit Application ?

ravikumar390

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022

Thanks!

Can you please let us know what you have done? I am also in the same boat.