FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Hello guys,
First of all congratulations to all for chosing Canada for your further studies. I am going for Canada in Fall-2015 intake.

Now coming to the main point,
(1) Details of my IELTS exam:-

Test taken- 13th Nov.,2014(British Council, Ahmedabad)
Preparation started- 25th August.
Score Card,
Reading- 8.0 bands
Speaking- 7.5 bands
Listening- 8.5 bands
Writing- 6.5 bands
------------------------------------
Overall- 7.5 bands

(2) Thrashing the myth,(IDP British Council)

Many of you have heard that IDP is harder in evaluation compared to BC which is just a CRAP. IDP is just the other option for conducting IELTS tests. All the IELTS papers are same at given date and set by Cambridge University UK.
◾Focus Points:Remove such thoughts from your mind and set it for exam preparation.
PS-Stop spreading such rumors as human mind catches nagetive things eatlier and stronger than the positive ones.

(3) Preparation Method,

I would like to suggest you for studying in groups, as it can help you coming out from problems easier and sorting things in better ways.

1.5 months are enough for preparing all 4 modules.

(i) Speaking,
-Practice in groups(either at coaching classes or at home with buddies)
-Use stopwatch(set for 2') forTask-2.
-Dont use BOOOKS(i.e. Parthesh Thakkar kindda stuff) for speaking. These Goras are very smart. They do have all these material for reference.If they found that you are uttering the same sentences as in any of one books. They will make you 5 bander in speaking.
-Try to make impression in Task-1: People these days are very much obsessed with Task-3 but do remember one thing- THEY WANNA CHECK YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND FLUENCY IN ENGLISH, instead of your Accent and IQ.
MY CASE- I was manipualated at my time that task-2 doesnt go for full 2' instead it roughly continues for 1'30''. So during my task-2, I literally concluded my summery in around 1'30'', but the clock was tickking and the lady kept on watching on the clock(I was like Fu*k me). I understood that i ran short of a time and after a Pause of 3-4 seconds I started adding things and took my Pace back.
PS-My task-1 and task-3 were just superb, so I think she got me right from the very first task and ultimately gave me 7.5.

(ii) Reading:-(Most crucial Part in my opinion)
-You will not get extra 10 minutes to transfer ur answers into main ansersheet unlike in Listening module.
-Use Timer Clock(Smartphone.), and set it for 60' before starting taking the practice test.
-Calculate remaining/lost minutes after completion of ur Reading.
-Try to finish it atleast 5' earlier so that you can check the spelling mistakes, order of written ansewers in your answersheet.
-In passege,MCQ,True-False type que.- READ ALL THE QUESTIONS FIRST and then and only then read the pessage.(As reading the pessages again and again will cost you a lot of time.)
-Try to underline the Keypoints in question.(or MCQ)

(iii)Listening:-(Easiest part to score above 7.5)
-Alwats trust on the IELTS Cambridge Tests-1,2,3... 9
-Underline the keywords when you read the paras before starting your listening.
-Take your time(You will be given an additional 10' to transfer your answers to main answersheet)
-Take a Glance in task-4 as in 90% cases it has 3-4 MCQ sentences which are tough to cope with in the end, better look at it before task-1 starts.
READ THE REMARKS carefully like Only 2 words, 1 word and/or letter. They are tricky enough to put one que. which will Twerk your mind.
-Use every additional minute which is given to you- Check(2-3 times) all the answers you have written in answersheet.
-WRITE EVERY ANSWER IN "CAPITAL LETTERS"(same for Reading), as it will reduce the chances of grammetcal error by 99%.

(iv) Writing:-(Ahem..Ahem...)
-Split your time to 20'-40' for task-1 and task-2 respectively.
-Attempt Task-2 if you are not sure about task-1(Checking with the probability task-2 can give you 2/3rd of ur score as task-1 is a small player with 1/3rd weightage.)
TASK-1:-(Chhote Miyaan.)
-Use stats as much as possible.
-Dont repeat stats.
-DONT COPY PASTE stats from question paper itself, instead use your own logic and compare or prioritise the given item/datas.

TASK-2:-(Bade Miyaan.)
-Dont loose to the core(main topic) of the question.
-Take a clear stand-Positive and Negative in ratio 80-20 vice versa.
-IF THEY ASKS FOR YOUR OPINION, you have to take a clear stand as much as possible.(80-20 is also manageable but i dont prefer it.)
-MAKE ATLEAST 4 PARAGRAPHS.
-Give clear picture in last paragraph.(Conclusion)
-Dont COPY PASTE the same lines given in the question in your first paragraph.
-Remember- ITS NOT GRE, no need to use lexicans(use it only where appropriate and you are 100% sure about it)- Keep it simple.
-THE MOST COMMON ERROR DONE BY INDIANS,PAKISTANIS & BANs:-
The sentence is like this,
Ferrari is one of the best cars.(Plural)✔
What people use,
Ferrari is one of the best car.(Singular)

Do Remember one thing,
Whenever you use ONE OF THE... sentence, keep the Subject in Plural, i.e. One of the best ACTORS, One of the COLOURS, One of the best MOMENTS.

Ok, guys now I wanna conclude my post by wishing you very very best of luck for your IELTS examination.
Score with FLYING COLORS and FLY HIGH IN CANADA.✈

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Your welcome bro. I wish I could help more and more people through this thread!!

Engineer2133

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Thanks a lot. Its really helpful

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

rsk444

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
india
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-8-2015
IELTS Request
30-04-2015

new_day

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Bhaumik_Patel said:
Hello guys,
First of all congratulations to all for chosing Canada for your further studies. I am going for Canada in Fall-2015 intake.

Now coming to the main point,
(1) Details of my IELTS exam:-

Test taken- 13th Nov.,2014(British Council, Ahmedabad)
Preparation started- 25th August.
Score Card,
Reading- 8.0 bands
Speaking- 7.5 bands
Listening- 8.5 bands
Writing- 6.5 bands
------------------------------------
Overall- 7.5 bands

(2) Thrashing the myth,(IDP British Council)

Many of you have heard that IDP is harder in evaluation compared to BC which is just a CRAP. IDP is just the other option for conducting IELTS tests. All the IELTS papers are same at given date and set by Cambridge University UK.
◾Focus Points:Remove such thoughts from your mind and set it for exam preparation.
PS-Stop spreading such rumors as human mind catches nagetive things eatlier and stronger than the positive ones.

(3) Preparation Method,

I would like to suggest you for studying in groups, as it can help you coming out from problems easier and sorting things in better ways.

1.5 months are enough for preparing all 4 modules.

(i) Speaking,
-Practice in groups(either at coaching classes or at home with buddies)
-Use stopwatch(set for 2') forTask-2.
-Dont use BOOOKS(i.e. Parthesh Thakkar kindda stuff) for speaking. These Goras are very smart. They do have all these material for reference.If they found that you are uttering the same sentences as in any of one books. They will make you 5 bander in speaking.
-Try to make impression in Task-1: People these days are very much obsessed with Task-3 but do remember one thing- THEY WANNA CHECK YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND FLUENCY IN ENGLISH, instead of your Accent and IQ.
MY CASE- I was manipualated at my time that task-2 doesnt go for full 2' instead it roughly continues for 1'30''. So during my task-2, I literally concluded my summery in around 1'30'', but the clock was tickking and the lady kept on watching on the clock(I was like Fu*k me). I understood that i ran short of a time and after a Pause of 3-4 seconds I started adding things and took my Pace back.
PS-My task-1 and task-3 were just superb, so I think she got me right from the very first task and ultimately gave me 7.5.

(ii) Reading:-(Most crucial Part in my opinion)
-You will not get extra 10 minutes to transfer ur answers into main ansersheet unlike in Listening module.
-Use Timer Clock(Smartphone.), and set it for 60' before starting taking the practice test.
-Calculate remaining/lost minutes after completion of ur Reading.
-Try to finish it atleast 5' earlier so that you can check the spelling mistakes, order of written ansewers in your answersheet.
-In passege,MCQ,True-False type que.- READ ALL THE QUESTIONS FIRST and then and only then read the pessage.(As reading the pessages again and again will cost you a lot of time.)
-Try to underline the Keypoints in question.(or MCQ)

(iii)Listening:-(Easiest part to score above 7.5)
-Alwats trust on the IELTS Cambridge Tests-1,2,3... 9
-Underline the keywords when you read the paras before starting your listening.
-Take your time(You will be given an additional 10' to transfer your answers to main answersheet)
-Take a Glance in task-4 as in 90% cases it has 3-4 MCQ sentences which are tough to cope with in the end, better look at it before task-1 starts.
READ THE REMARKS carefully like Only 2 words, 1 word and/or letter. They are tricky enough to put one que. which will Twerk your mind.
-Use every additional minute which is given to you- Check(2-3 times) all the answers you have written in answersheet.
-WRITE EVERY ANSWER IN "CAPITAL LETTERS"(same for Reading), as it will reduce the chances of grammetcal error by 99%.

(iv) Writing:-(Ahem..Ahem...)
-Split your time to 20'-40' for task-1 and task-2 respectively.
-Attempt Task-2 if you are not sure about task-1(Checking with the probability task-2 can give you 2/3rd of ur score as task-1 is a small player with 1/3rd weightage.)
TASK-1:-(Chhote Miyaan.)
-Use stats as much as possible.
-Dont repeat stats.
-DONT COPY PASTE stats from question paper itself, instead use your own logic and compare or prioritise the given item/datas.

TASK-2:-(Bade Miyaan.)
-Dont loose to the core(main topic) of the question.
-Take a clear stand-Positive and Negative in ratio 80-20 vice versa.
-IF THEY ASKS FOR YOUR OPINION, you have to take a clear stand as much as possible.(80-20 is also manageable but i dont prefer it.)
-MAKE ATLEAST 4 PARAGRAPHS.
-Give clear picture in last paragraph.(Conclusion)
-Dont COPY PASTE the same lines given in the question in your first paragraph.
-Remember- ITS NOT GRE, no need to use lexicans(use it only where appropriate and you are 100% sure about it)- Keep it simple.
-THE MOST COMMON ERROR DONE BY INDIANS,PAKISTANIS & BANs:-
The sentence is like this,
Ferrari is one of the best cars.(Plural)✔
What people use,
Ferrari is one of the best car.(Singular)

Do Remember one thing,
Whenever you use ONE OF THE... sentence, keep the Subject in Plural, i.e. One of the best ACTORS, One of the COLOURS, One of the best MOMENTS.

Ok, guys now I wanna conclude my post by wishing you very very best of luck for your IELTS examination.
Score with FLYING COLORS and FLY HIGH IN CANADA.✈
+1 for you

GTO911

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Take special care of writing people, i saw lots of people getting low scores just because of writing.

My score -

Listening - 8.5
Reading - 8.5
Writing - 6.5
Speaking- 7.0

As you can see, my low writing scores were a reason i didnt get 8 Bands but 7.5

pra

Aug 13, 2015
Hey Guys,

Which material you refereed. Please share with me. If there are any audio also.

email id : canpradi@gmail.com