+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Girlfriend SAYS She applied for VISA to come to Canada from Philipines???

nei23984

Sep 29, 2010
Hi,

I met a girl online and have been talking to her everyday for 2 months. I really like her and have definitely authenticated her Name, Address and Phone Number. I sent her money to get her VISA to come here so we could meet. Three weeks ago she said she applied for a Student VISA at Canadian Embassy in Philippines. Today, she told me that all she needed now was 100,000 Pecos to prove that she had the money to travel.

I questioned her about if she needed the local college address here and list of subjects so she could apply. She told me that she did not need this because she was noly getting Student Visa to take one course. She said she did not need a Study Permit? Is this correct?

I am worried that this could be a very elaborate fraud, but I don't want to believe it, because I have had so many talks, video chats, emails, and even talked to her Mom. But, it seems very odd to me that she can get this application approved now in 2 days if the money is in her account. I have already sent her $2000.00 cdn offer last 2 months and I am not sure how I can verify if this is real. I mean, I definitely know where she lives because I have had someone go to the house and drop off package to her personally. Would she not be really crazy to be conning me if I could send the police to her house tomorrow?

If anyone can help with some incite to what I wrote above, or the current process for her to obtain application so I can question her if she has completed everything and maybe understand if I am a fool or if this is for real. THANKS - PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!
THANK

arys

Sep 18, 2010
hi nei... i've read ur post and actually im applying for a student visa right now here at phils...

if you are confused, here is the link on how the processing of student visa takes place.. i hope this helps..

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/studying-etudier.aspx?lang=eng

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/assets/pdfs/study_permit-en.pdf

... i hope everything will be fine...

snipper

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
MNL
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application form BS 7.0
you better check the net and read all the steps the link was given to you already, secondly you better call and ask canadian visa offices or any representative to clear this matter, Its your choice if your goin to follow what she"s sayin or better check it first for your peace of mind. and beside dont think that the money shes askin is enough to convince the consul to grant her visa, half of that is just an ordinary airfare goin to canada... just be carefull my friend..... If there is inconsistency with the proper application and the things that she told you on how to apply for student permit, well i think something fishy is goin on ,, but its still your choice,,,, all i can say is that be carefull and try to do your own research.

princesmay

Jun 16, 2010
ooh my.....something wrong....i meet my husband in dating site we been talking a year we try to apply visiting visa or student visa just to meet him but my husband search for all of this things lots of proft documents they ask from embassy so my husband went to phillipines and marry me....in your situation theres something wrong you have to be careful........coz lots of fraud in this time.....Good luck....im alraedy here in canada we live happily...

lekkerbek

Apr 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
Nomination.....
CSQ: 24-03-2014, New York
AOR Received.
30-04-2011
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
26-08-2014
Instead of you sending her thousands of Canadian dollars, why don't you take a vacation to the Philippines? I am sure it's worth every penny..

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The OP was about seven months ago.....

And the poster has not been on the forum since October 4th 2010 (5 months).

I think it may have been a scam... or he moved to live with her and gave up the idea of being together in Canada, but who knows?