+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Express entry found ineligible, will it effect my AINP?

pssharma453

Jul 23, 2024
Hi Members,

I seek advice on the following issue:

I created an Express Entry profile under the Federal Skilled Worker program in March 2024 and applied for the Tech PNP under the Alberta Immigration program, supported by a job offer from a tech company in Calgary. AINP accepted my Tech application and asked me to apply for AINP Express Entry, which I did in April 2024.

In July, my express entry profile was found ineligible due to changes in the settlement fund requirements. I have since created a new Express Entry profile and updated the funds according to IRCC's new requirements.

Can my AINP profile be updated with the new Express Entry profile, or do I need to start the process again? My work permit is expiring in October 2024.

I appreciate any advice on this matter.

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Members,

I seek advice on the following issue:

I created an Express Entry profile under the Federal Skilled Worker program in March 2024 and applied for the Tech PNP under the Alberta Immigration program, supported by a job offer from a tech company in Calgary. AINP accepted my Tech application and asked me to apply for AINP Express Entry, which I did in April 2024.

In July, my express entry profile was found ineligible due to changes in the settlement fund requirements. I have since created a new Express Entry profile and updated the funds according to IRCC's new requirements.

Can my AINP profile be updated with the new Express Entry profile, or do I need to start the process again? My work permit is expiring in October 2024.

I appreciate any advice on this matter.

Thank you.
If you had the funds based on your own savings when you applied or even when you got selected you can attempt to ask for consideration. You should apply again while waiting since unclear whether your attempt for reconsideration will be accepted.

pssharma453

Jul 23, 2024
If you had the funds based on your own savings when you applied or even when you got selected you can attempt to ask for consideration. You should apply again while waiting since unclear whether your attempt for reconsideration will be accepted.
But my current AINP is not processed so I can not apply again. I asked them to update my profile with new express entry detail