App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
I just would like to share my experience, applying online, inside Canada.
My husband applied last week to change from worker to student, along with my application for OWP (I am currently here on a TRV)
Today, 8 days later, we checked our status on MyCic and got the following messages, for both permits application:

“Application status: closed
A final decision has been reached: this application has been approved!”

Just waiting for the next steps now !!!
Best of luck to all..

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi thanuxxi,

Thank you for your sharing, could you pls share more detail about your case.

As my understanding, your husband have foreign worker work permit and you accompany with him and you have OWP. Then, your husband change status from foreign worker work permit to study permit, and you got approval.

Cheers,

Thang

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
Yes, absolutely..

My husband previously had a temporary work permit and applied to change his status to student.
I had the visitor visa (TRV) and applied along with him to change my status to a OWP.

Applying online, we attached the following docs:

Forms (“change condition as a student” for him and “change condition as a worker” for me)
Upfront Medicals for both of us
Marriage certificate
Copies of our previous status (his WP and mine TRV)
6 past bank statements + letter of sponsorship from my dad
Letter of Acceptance of his program
Photo
Copies of our passports
SOP

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi thanuxxi,

Congrat! Thank you for your reply.

I saw your case (work permit) apply study permit within Canada but I have not saw any case with TRV (tourist visa) apply study permit within Canada.

Have a good day!

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
No problem..
as far as I know, just the following individuals can apply from within Canada for a study permit:

"Who may apply for a study permit from within Canada?

The following persons may apply from within Canada:

Holders of valid work or study permits and their family members;
Persons studying at pre-school, primary or secondary level;
Visiting or exchange students studying at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI);
Persons who have completed a short-term course or program of study that is a prerequisite to their enrolling at a DLI;
Holders of temporary resident permits (TRPs) valid for a minimum of six months and their family members;
Refugee claimants and persons subject to an unenforceable removal order;
In-Canada permanent resident applicants and their family members who are determined eligible for permanent residents (PR) status in one of the following classes:
live-in caregiver, spouse or common-law partner, protected persons, and humanitarian and compassionate considerations (H&C);
Persons whose study permits were authorized by a visa office abroad, where the permit was not issued at a port of entry;
Family members of athletes on a Canadian-based team, media representatives, members of the clergy, or military personnel assigned to Canada.”

I also heard that some specific individuals that came to Canada for short-term studies might be eligible to extend their stay as student without living the country.. but I can not assure that, as it is not my case