+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My cheque states I started working before studies

diod92

Aug 10, 2018
hello. I am an international student, my classes started on Janury 7, 2019. I was hired part time by a company in January 8, 2019 and when I got my first cheque, by my surprise I saw that in the cheque it says

Period of work:
from January 6, 2018 to January 12, 2019! I mean it states that the payment is for that period of time! But I started on January 8 after my classes started!

I asked my employer and he told me that the weeks count from Sunday to next Sunday, and I started on Thursday so the payment is billed for the whole week!

I am so worried because of this as it could seem that I started to work before my classes and my PR denied in the future! What should I do? Please I am desperated!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello. I am an international student, my classes started on Janury 7, 2019. I was hired part time by a company in January 8, 2019 and when I got my first cheque, by my surprise I saw that in the cheque it says

Period of work:
from January 6, 2018 to January 12, 2019! I mean it states that the payment is for that period of time! But I started on January 8 after my classes started!

I asked my employer and he told me that the weeks count from Sunday to next Sunday, and I started on Thursday so the payment is billed for the whole week!

I am so worried because of this as it could seem that I started to work before my classes and my PR denied in the future! What should I do? Please I am desperated!
Hi

You are worrying for nothing. That's just the pay period. Even if you had started Jan 12th, it would say the same thing.