+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my chances for optaining the citizinship

ahmad_qambar

Apr 9, 2013
hello my name is ahmad and am from kuwait , I am a resident of Kuwait, recognized by Kuwaiti law as stateless, and I do not carry citizenship of any country . I am trying to apply for a university here in canada in order to obtain the ( Student Visa ) so i could get in Canada , i have a Diploma in Production Mechanics with a 3.67 GPA . after getting in Canada i want to apply for a permanent citizenship , so my questions are :

1- what can i do to achieve that goal ?
2- can i apply for the permanent citizenship while holding the Student visa ?
3- if i cant apply while having the student visa , what are the other ways to get it ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is no such thing as "permanent citizenship". You must first become a permanent resident of Canada. One you have become a PR, you can then apply for citizenship once you have lived in Canada for three out of four years.

To find out your options for obtaining PR, you should read through and join this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.0.html

Note that to be approved for a study visa, you must demonstrate that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans to remain in Canada long term.

ahmad_qambar

Apr 9, 2013
yeah what i mean is .. can i apply for a PR while having the Student visa ? , and if i can how long will it be before i get it ?
because if i study Bachelor program i will need 1 - 2 year to finish it , will it be enough to get the PR ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In order to apply for your PR, you must qualify to apply under some immigration class. Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp and see if you qualify for something.

To apply, you usually either need skills, work experience and a job offer or if you graduate your program and get a work permit, you will have way to apply then.

It is better for you to take a 2 year course giving you a 3 year open work permit in order to get more time to apply for your immigration. After your graduation, you need a skilled job and then you can apply under Canadian experience class for example.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Ahmad,

All together you would need aroud four years to stay in Canada to become fit for PR. Instead if you are fit to FSW category (expected to open soon) and its point system you may become PR before 4 years, while you can remain in Kuwait.