+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My biometrics is not completed!

lolomako

Oct 27, 2023
Hello friends. On October 20, I applied for a Canadian visitor visa from Istanbul, Turkey. The same day I received an e-mail to make a biometrics appointment. On October 23, I gave my fingerprints, and then I received 3 emails from the intermediary organization (VFS) saying that the biometric file was sent to VAC. And again in the evening of the same day I received an e-mail "We updated your application status". However, when I logged into the system, the biometrics were still in process. There is nothing under the application status heading, but under the applicant information heading there are Biometrics Numbers, Date of Biometrics Enrolment, Expiry Date. Normally, biometrics processing is completed on the same day by entering "biometrics completed". However, my biometrics information has not been completed even though 1 week has passed and I received an update e-mail. I checked the IRCC number of the intermediary organization (VFS) that they stick on the back of my passport, it is correct. Is this normal? If not, what should I do in this case. Do I need to contact the VAC.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello friends. On October 20, I applied for a Canadian visitor visa from Istanbul, Turkey. The same day I received an e-mail to make a biometrics appointment. On October 23, I gave my fingerprints, and then I received 3 emails from the intermediary organization (VFS) saying that the biometric file was sent to VAC. And again in the evening of the same day I received an e-mail "We updated your application status". However, when I logged into the system, the biometrics were still in process. There is nothing under the application status heading, but under the applicant information heading there are Biometrics Numbers, Date of Biometrics Enrolment, Expiry Date. Normally, biometrics processing is completed on the same day by entering "biometrics completed". However, my biometrics information has not been completed even though 1 week has passed and I received an update e-mail. I checked the IRCC number of the intermediary organization (VFS) that they stick on the back of my passport, it is correct. Is this normal? If not, what should I do in this case. Do I need to contact the VAC.
No you don't need to contact anyone. The email says your app has been updated. It can take a while for the info to show up on the tracker. Have patience.

Reactions: lolomako

lolomako

Oct 27, 2023
No you don't need to contact anyone. The email says your app has been updated. It can take a while for the info to show up on the tracker. Have patience.
Thank you so much. So almost every applicant I know had their biometrics turned “completed” on the same day. That's why I wondered.

Leo8

Apr 30, 2024
I am in a similar situation. My biometrics were taken on 21st March 2024 and as i type, it has still not been updated. I went to the VAC centre and they said it will update.
How do I handle it. Please assist as my conference time is due

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am in a similar situation. My biometrics were taken on 21st March 2024 and as i type, it has still not been updated. I went to the VAC centre and they said it will update.
How do I handle it. Please assist as my conference time is due
You can raise a webform but for many people, it takes a while to update. Where are you applying from and when is conference?

Leo8

Apr 30, 2024
Thanks for the response.
I am applying from Ghana and my conference starts on 30th May.
Am ready to share further details with you privately if you can assist.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the response.
I am applying from Ghana and my conference starts on 30th May.
Am ready to share further details with you privately if you can assist.
Processing from Ghana is around 4 months. If no update within next two weeks then raise a webform. If you are a conference keynote/guest speaker then resend your conference invitation from organizers/brochures with your name on it etc. showing your attendance is necessary.