+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MS in manitoba

Nath29

Feb 8, 2014
Hai,

I would like to know about my eligibility to do a MS in Human Nutritional sciences in the University of Manitoba .I have finished my B.Sc. Nutrition & Dietetics in India and self have achieved 80% in the examination an I am a University third ranker and have done my 15 year full time education in India .

Wes has evaluated my degree as a four year Canadian degree equivalency .Am i eligible to apply to the course

when i looked into the eligibility criteria i came to know that the program needs a (A 4-year undergraduate degree from the Department OR another undergraduate degree with three credits of Physiology, three credits of Biochemistry and six credits in upper level foods or nutrition courses) I have all these . help me out in this

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nath29 said:
Hai,

I would like to know about my eligibility to do a MS in Human Nutritional sciences in the University of Manitoba .I have finished my B.Sc. Nutrition & Dietetics in India and self have achieved 80% in the examination an I am a University third ranker and have done my 15 year full time education in India .

Wes has evaluated my degree as a four year Canadian degree equivalency .Am i eligible to apply to the course

when i looked into the eligibility criteria i came to know that the program needs a (A 4-year undergraduate degree from the Department OR another undergraduate degree with three credits of Physiology, three credits of Biochemistry and six credits in upper level foods or nutrition courses) I have all these . help me out in this
Hey,

I have not applied for Manitoba, but i had shortlisted it for a MS in engineering. Dropped it since my GPA was low. But i have done extensive research on the university. From what i know of Manitoba, they have their own system of grade conversions and degree Equivalencies. WES evaluation might not help.

Please refer these links here they will answer all your questions.

http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/admin/569.html

http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/admissions/inda.html

http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/admin/167.html

All the best!

Nath29

Feb 8, 2014
hai kartz,
Thanks for ur information. I would like to know how can i get confirmation about my eligibility for joining since i have required GPA. Whether they will accept WES evaluation as 4 year degree equivalency or i need to be admitted in pre masters. kindly help me in this.

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nath29 said:
hai kartz,
Thanks for ur information. I would like to know how can i get confirmation about my eligibility for joining since i have required GPA. Whether they will accept WES evaluation as 4 year degree equivalency or i need to be admitted in pre masters. kindly help me in this.
I will give the details regarding the engineering faculty. This is how they work.

You will have to contact the professors of the department you will be applying to and graduate admissions committee. Canadian universities will reply to emails promptly. You can ask them the silliest of questions they will answer it.

From what i know regarding the engineering department, you will have to email the professors/faculty members with a short email of your purpose for doing the masters. This must highlight your past academics and work experience (if available), your degree transcripts scanned in PDF. You will have to request the professor for his supervisory for your masters. If they like your profile they will send you an informal interest in accepting you as their student. Once you get this you can confidently proceed with applications and there is a section in the application where you can mention the professor who agreed to supervise you. The admission committee will accept your application in a short time.

The trick here is you must identify professors whose research interests match your profile and your future interest in your field of study. The email should highlight your relevance in the research that the professor is doing.

So go out there search the faculty page find their research interests identify the profs. whose research interests match you email them.

The most important thing is professors don't reply that soon.. They might take more than 2 months to reply.. you have to wait with patience.

Else you can go ahead and apply without their consent either way your application will be reviewed by admission committee and professors.

Please do not ask the admissions committee if they will accept your application. They will not assess your credentials unless you formally fill the application form. You may ask them about the validity of your degree but do not ask if they will admit you.

Regarding pre-masters that can be done only after you fill the application and submit the admission committee will not assess these things unless you fill the official application. But if a professor agrees your supervisory then you can forget the pre-masters nothing required.