+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MS degree + 18 months experience in the US.Plans of immigrating self and parents

needimmhelp

Oct 13, 2007
Hi,

Here is my situation:-

I have a B.E degree in CS, an MS in CS from a US university, and about 18 months of work experience in the US after graduation.
Presently Im working in India.

These are my questions:-

1. If I start the canadian Immigration process, how much time should I be looking at in terms of getting the PR.
2. My parents are currently retired. Can I sponsor them too along with my application or as soon as I land in Canada?

Please advise.

Thanks

axsultana

Aug 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-11
AOR Received.
12-12-11
needimmhelp said:
Hi,

Here is my situation:-

I have a B.E degree in CS, an MS in CS from a US university, and about 18 months of work experience in the US after graduation.
Presently Im working in India.

These are my questions:-

1. If I start the canadian Immigration process, how much time should I be looking at in terms of getting the PR.
2. My parents are currently retired. Can I sponsor them too along with my application or as soon as I land in Canada?

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi,

I am a CS professional too and am looking for advise about the same. But as far as your parents sponsership is concerned you must first land and once you have a high earning job you can sponser them if you are immigrating as a skilled worker.

riyarose

Star Member
Oct 24, 2010
Yes you can apply together, so you dont need to sponsor them. You can be the main applicant and other family members will be dependent. Just check in NOC that if your job profile comes in the category. I believe you are eligible to apply. And it will roughly take around 1year.

indiatohcanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
IELTS Request
5th July 2011
File Transfer...
Waiting....
Med's Request
Waiting....
Med's Done....
Waiting....
Interview........
Waiting....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
riyarose said:
Yes you can apply together, so you dont need to sponsor them. You can be the main applicant and other family members will be dependent. Just check in NOC that if your job profile comes in the category. I believe you are eligible to apply. And it will roughly take around 1year.
Oh GOD.... if you are not sure, you can say "I guess" or "I am not sure"
You are passing WRONG information so confidently that who are new to system would believe you.
What you have said is not possible & is totally wrong.

1. S/he may be eligible, if his/her job category is under NOC 29 list.
2. It may take 12-20 months to get PR to him, if all required docs are submitted.
3. Once s/he land, find a job, have minimum required income, can sponsor his/her parents, that takes 5 to 8 years in total.
3+ yrs. application remains in Canada, 4+ years time it takes in country of his/her parents residence.

Applicant can not add parents in his/her application, applicant only add spouse & kids (or may be minor dependents, in some cases - I don't have that info) in his/her application.

riyarose

Star Member
Oct 24, 2010
I am sorry if i misguide you but maybe thats right about sponsoring but I was right about NOC and second thing he or she is from India, once you check the timelimits in spreadsheet for Indian who applied from New Delhi it takes 8month, so I was not wrong saying 1year.
Apart from that, it is nothing to give so much reaction.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AiJy8Qu8lcQbdGxiSnNhME5sVi1uRlZtUWNhOEFwemc&hl=ar&authkey=CLDXsFA#gid=0

Mr.singh

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Re: MS degree + 18 months experience in the US.Plans of immigrating self and par

riyarose said:
I am sorry if i misguide you but maybe thats right about sponsoring but I was right about NOC and second thing he or she is from India, once you check the timelimits in spreadsheet for Indian who applied from New Delhi it takes 8month, so I was not wrong saying 1year.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AiJy8Qu8lcQbdGxiSnNhME5sVi1uRlZtUWNhOEFwemc&hl=ar&authkey=CLDXsFA#gid=0

Dear..Indiatocanada is absolutely right..nd sorry to mention but you are not even correct on NOC. IT prof. are not covered under current 29 NOC list except if they have JOB Offer from canada(AEO)..

indiatohcanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
IELTS Request
5th July 2011
File Transfer...
Waiting....
Med's Request
Waiting....
Med's Done....
Waiting....
Interview........
Waiting....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
riyarose said:

I did not mean to hurt you, but I was bit shocked how confidently you mentioned that an applicant can add parents in application. If that is the case, I would be happiest person in this world, as my main motive to migrate from USA to Canada is that I want to file for my parents too.

Coming to that candidate's nationality, s/he mentioned MS in CS (Masters in Computer Science from USA) & 18 months work experience from USA; which means s/he would pick Buffalo, USA as VO. I don't think s/he would go to India, work there & file for Canada Immigration, or will stay in USA and file New Delhi as VO. Buffalo takes at 18+ month on average.

And @ Mr.singh correctly said that IT is not in NOC, and s/he would need AEO.

and please let me have freedom of expression :).

Last but not least as i said, I did not had any intention to hurt you, so please be relaxed.