+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MR in USA but on a different US visa

canworker

Aug 5, 2014
I received my PER on 26 Jan 2015.

At the time of application, I was working in the USA (on a work visa H1B) and have given my USA address in the application.... so the processing would be done at the Ottawa VO.
Now, I am on a vacation outside USA and on a sabbatical.

The USA address I gave is still active as I have family members living there.

When I get a MR, I plan to go to USA on a tourist visa and have my MR related tasks done in USA.
My question is - Is this acceptable?

Does my visa status in USA , previously H1B now tourist, in any way affect the MR submission?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canworker said:

At the time of application, I was working in the USA (on a work visa H1B) and have given my USA address in the application.... so the processing would be done at the Ottawa VO.

When I get a MR, I plan to go to USA on a tourist visa and have my MR related tasks done in USA.

Does my visa status in USA , previously H1B now tourist, in any way affect the MR submission?
No.

o_o

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2015 (CPC-O) 30-01-2015 (Los Angeles)
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
05-10-2015 (PRC recvd. 01-26-2016)
canworker said:

I have no clue why PMM said No above. I disagree.

I am an Indian and have completed my Medical in the US, and they did not ask me about my visa in the country. They were only concerned about my identity i.e. they insist on a passport even if you are a US citizen. No other document can be substituted for it.

I'm curious why you want to do your medical in the US. Any doctor that has eMedical i.e. in any country can technically do it. My doctor in the US technically sent my results to Australia, and then it went to Canada. You VO i.e. CPC-O does not care which doctor you select and in which country.

Finally, there was a certain case where an applicant (Fillipino if I recall correctly) did the medical in their home country, but was living under a different VO. The local doctor mailed the Medical to the local VO. The applicant had no clue about this mistake. The local VO forwarded the medical to the correct VO. This delayed the applicant by a month, but this did not significantly affect the applicant.

MidoRafa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
You can do your Medicals in any country as long as you choose a doctor from the CIC list. There is no requirement to do it where you originally applied.
Added bonus: depending on where you are, you may end up paying a tiny fraction of what you would pay to a doctor in the US ;)

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
canworker said:

[size=10pt]Does my visa status in USA , previously H1B now tourist, in any way affect the MR submission?[/size]
o_o said:
I have no clue why PMM said No above. I disagree.

I am an Indian and have completed my Medical in the US, and they did not ask me about my visa in the country. They were only concerned about my identity i.e. they insist on a passport even if you are a US citizen. No other document can be substituted for it.

I'm curious why you want to do your medical in the US. Any doctor that has eMedical i.e. in any country can technically do it. My doctor in the US technically sent my results to Australia, and then it went to Canada. You VO i.e. CPC-O does not care which doctor you select and in which country.

Finally, there was a certain case where an applicant (Fillipino if I recall correctly) did the medical in their home country, but was living under a different VO. The local doctor mailed the Medical to the local VO. The applicant had no clue about this mistake. The local VO forwarded the medical to the correct VO. This delayed the applicant by a month, but this did not significantly affect the applicant.
You are actually agreeing with PMM (who answered the last question).

o_o

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2015 (CPC-O) 30-01-2015 (Los Angeles)
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
05-10-2015 (PRC recvd. 01-26-2016)
namaste said:
You are actually agreeing with PMM (who answered the last question).
Thank you namaste , now I see it ;D I'm sorry PPM I was in a bit of a hurry.