+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP LAA received, but my sponsor is established in a different city.

Abbssis

Jun 29, 2021
Hello everyone

I received an LAA yesterday and was about to start working on my application. I do have a sponsor living in Winnipeg, while I stated that I will be going to Brandon, and I really do intend to live in Brandon not just for the 50 points, but the problem is that my only connection to the province is the relative living in Winnipeg, with no connections in Brandon. The MPNP criteria states that the relative should be established in the province for at least 1 year, not the city. My questions is that do the officers consider any points besides having a relative in the city or a formal job offer in it? or should I just decline?

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
Hello everyone

I received an LAA yesterday and was about to start working on my application. I do have a sponsor living in Winnipeg, while I stated that I will be going to Brandon, and I really do intend to live in Brandon not just for the 50 points, but the problem is that my only connection to the province is the relative living in Winnipeg, with no connections in Brandon. The MPNP criteria states that the relative should be established in the province for at least 1 year, not the city. My questions is that do the officers consider any points besides having a relative in the city or a formal job offer in it? or should I just decline?
I wouldnt advise you to décline. LAAs are difficult to come by. Do a letter of explanation with your application stating why you think Brandon will best suit you, even though you do not have a connection there

Reactions: mbbrdn

Abbssis

Jun 29, 2021
Thank you for your reply. I do agree with you, I have been waiting for 3 years for this LAA, but I got anxious when I learned that most people with these circumstances get rejected with a probability of a ban. But I think it all goes to how you phrase your settlement plan to convince the officer, what I'm struggling with though is figuring out what factors do they take into consideration, when reading the reasons for choosing Brandon, while the connection is in Winnipeg, any ideas? Help would be highly appreciated.

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
Thank you for your reply. I do agree with you, I have been waiting for 3 years for this LAA, but I got anxious when I learned that most people with these circumstances get rejected with a probability of a ban. But I think it all goes to how you phrase your settlement plan to convince the officer, what I'm struggling with though is figuring out what factors do they take into consideration, when reading the reasons for choosing Brandon, while the connection is in Winnipeg, any ideas? Help would be highly appreciated.
i do not have any idea on how to phrase the settlement plan. I would advise you take this seriously and consult widely on how to write a convincing settlement plan. By the way, what score was selected in yesterday's draw?

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
I do not have an idea of how to frame the settlement plan. But I would advise you consult widely, even if you have to pay for an expert. The application is important. By the way, what was the score for yesterday's MPNP draw? Do you have an idea?

Abbssis

Jun 29, 2021
I do not have an idea of how to frame the settlement plan. But I would advise you consult widely, even if you have to pay for an expert. The application is important. By the way, what was the score for yesterday's MPNP draw? Do you have an idea?
They haven't posted it yet, but it will in a couple of hours I believe. And obviously I'm talking it seriously, and that's why I'm asking for advice through this thread.

Queensal

Jun 13, 2017
Hello everyone

Chances are they will reject your application. The extra 50 points you got for stating you leave outside the city has to be accounted for. I have seen many people on this boat numerous times and they rejected the application.

CrocKitty22

Jun 5, 2021
Hello everyone

hi! Congratulations! I also received my LAA yesterday too. I agree with the other person, maybe just do the letter of explanation? But I do understand your hesitation, I have read those people getting refused because of that. But take a leap of faith I guess, we’ve come this far. And this is just another obstacle. Just be clear with your intent. Like your profession’s connection to brandon maybe?

Reactions: mbbrdn

mbbrdn

Jul 9, 2021
Yes I agree. LAA are hard to come by. by the way what did you did? did you sent an email to MPNP with letter of explanation or decline LAA? and if you sent an email with letter of explanation what is your outcome? did they give you nomination? I'm asking because I'm in same boat too and I'm also thinking of sending an email to MPNP of explanation but other threads recommending to decline LAA to avoid 2 years band and stuff. your help and experience and advice means a lot Thanks in advance.

mbbrdn

Jul 9, 2021
Yes I agree. LAA are hard to come by. by the way what did you did? did you sent an email to MPNP with letter of explanation or decline LAA? and if you sent an email with letter of explanation what is your outcome? did they give you nomination? I'm asking because I'm in same boat too and I'm also thinking of sending an email to MPNP of explanation but other threads recommending to decline LAA to avoid 2 years band and stuff. your help and experience and advice means a lot Thanks in advance.